Angela Rayner PM?

So what happened to Angela? Honestly I’m not sure?

She’s still deputy dinlow so no change?

Genuine wah!

Grauniad:
Starmer’s deputy, Angela Rayner, was blindsided by the overhaul on Monday morning, with the Labour leader informing her that he was reshaping his team in a brief chat as she moved between a media round and a major speech on standards in public life. Her spokesperson later clarified she had been told by Starmer that morning it would happen that day, though not when.

Speaking as the reshuffle got underway, she said: “I don’t know the details of the reshuffle or the timing of it. But six months ago I said again we need some consistency in how we are approaching things as an opposition and I want to see us as a government in waiting, doing that job.”

An ally of Rayner said Starmer would have been fully aware the move would “blow up” her bid to lay out plans for reforming the standards system and said it was “not fair”.

Standard:
But his second-in-command, who he became locked in a standoff with the last time he revamped his top team, said she had not been aware the move was happening at the same time as her event and had not been consulted.

DSJ

LE
Grauniad:
Starmer’s deputy, Angela Rayner, was blindsided by the overhaul on Monday morning, with the Labour leader informing her that he was reshaping his team in a brief chat as she moved between a media round and a major speech on standards in public life. Her spokesperson later clarified she had been told by Starmer that morning it would happen that day, though not when.

Speaking as the reshuffle got underway, she said: “I don’t know the details of the reshuffle or the timing of it. But six months ago I said again we need some consistency in how we are approaching things as an opposition and I want to see us as a government in waiting, doing that job.”

An ally of Rayner said Starmer would have been fully aware the move would “blow up” her bid to lay out plans for reforming the standards system and said it was “not fair”.

Standard:
But his second-in-command, who he became locked in a standoff with the last time he revamped his top team, said she had not been aware the move was happening at the same time as her event and had not been consulted.

Maybe someone did try to tell her on the day, but she had her personalised initialled apple earpods (expensed, naturally) rammed so far up her ear holes that she simply didn't hear.

Either that or she is as thick as a whale omelette and can't be trusted to walk with scissors, let alone deal with a re-shuffle.

Grauniad:

Standard:

Ta muchly

Latest Threads