Angela Rayner PM?

So, with the Labour leader isolating due to Covid, I note that instead of the deputy leader fronting-up for PMQ’s it’s, of all people, Ed Miliband.

Chapeau to the man for volunteering at short notice, but it also highlights the big Angela Rayner sized hole in the Labour front bench.

I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation.

My own view is that since the stunningly hypocritical Tweet she made following the murder of David Amiss, which was rightly condemned by all and sundry, she’s either decided that discretion is the better part of valour, or she’s being sat on by Labour high command.

Possibly both.

Either way, I hope any ambition the vacuous gobshite may have had for the top job have been holed bellow the waterline, but we’ll only be able to gauge the damage once she re-surfaces.

And no, I wouldn't.

I have standards.

So, with the Labour leader isolating due to Covid, I note that instead of the deputy leader fronting-up for PMQ’s it’s, of all people, Ed Miliband.

Chapeau to the man for volunteering at short notice, but it also highlights the big Angela Rayner sized hole in the Labour front bench.

My own view is that since the stunningly hypocritical Tweet she made following the murder of David Amiss, which was rightly condemned by all and sundry, she’s either decided that discretion is the better part of valour, or she’s being sat on by Labour high command.

Possibly both.

Either way, I hope any ambition the vacuous gobshite may have had for the top job have been holed bellow the waterline, but we’ll only be able to gauge the damage once she re-surfaces.

And no, I wouldn't.

I have standards.

You just need a ball gag to shut her up, imagine how triggered she'd be as you're taking her doggy style and whisper in her ear "I voted Tory"

I wonder if this, from the Mail, might have something to with her (unregretted) absence:
Man held over series of threats sent to Angela Rayner

They can't have been that bad; she seems to have been happy enough showing them to her kids.

Threats be all like:

"Labour grr. I hope you die of old age sometime."

"Labour grr. I hope you and your family don't get what you want for Christmas."

Harsh.

That really is annoying. Not excusing the behaviour of the man, who’s a bellend, but this now takes the pressure off ‘scum’ Rayner and gives the MSM an open goal to go on a XRW rant.
Since the abusive communication was on the same day as Sir David Amess was murdered, and since the bloke has been released on bail, you have to wonder if it was along the lines of "I hope you're happy now, Angela"? A lot of people were pissed off with her at the time and perhaps some were more enthusiastically pissed off than was wise. Some of these political types do have a rather thin skin and are better at dishing it out rather than taking it.

Personally, I wish the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party every success in her party political career. Whether that’s as Deputy, or perhaps one day as Leader.

As long as such a divisive figure is in the hierarchy of the party, the electoral prospects of the party remain somewhere between the gutter and the sewer - coincidentally representative of the harridan’s mouth.

I wonder if this, from the Mail, might have something to with her (unregretted) absence:

Nah, not in my view.

While I’m sure she’s been trolled to an even greater degree than she might normally expect (and I’m not agreeing, merely observing), in my view using that to keep a low profile is a convenient excuse.

Trolling, even death threats, doesn’t stop MP’s, nor should it.

To be clear, her use of phrase ‘Tory scum’ has nothing to do with the death of David Amiss, which was a terrorist act, but unfortunately for Rayner parliament have decided his murder is all about lack of respect and inflammatory language, and her rabble-rousing words so close to his murder makes her currently toxic for the party.

Regardless of death threats or trolling, since her rather stupid tweet, so far as I’m aware there has been not so much as a tweet, Zoom or telephoned interview, all of which could be done safely from home.

No, she’s not hiding because of social media threats, but because she currently plays badly in polls and to focus groups and the party really don’t want her out there as the verbal piñata she would be.

Personally, I’m curious as to how they’re going to get her out of the bunker and back into the light, because the awkward interviews and parliamentary jibes won’t go away or diminish, they’re only in abeyance.

To be clear, her use of phrase ‘Tory scum’ has nothing to do with the death of David Amiss

It has everything to do with it.

Consider how the left and their allies rail against the use of normal language as "divisive or bigoted or racist or transphobic or islamophobic" and use social media to castigate and persecute normal people, cowing them into submission with threats of "being cancelled" for their "hate speech".

At the same time they give themselves free rein to demonise their political opponents - and those that would support them - with the language of hate, fear and tyranny. This, by the very nature of its roots in political hatred, serves only to further embolden other hateful actors and entities of political and religious organisations.

Angela Rayner didn't stab Sir David Amess, but her hand, and those of her supporters, through her use of the language of hatred, helped guide the blade.

She doesn't get to give herself a free pass to use that type of hate speech, nor legitimise a political party that allows her to do so.

Not while I can put a cross on a ballot paper.

Last edited:

Possibly both.

And no, I wouldn't.

I have standards.
Apparently her absence today was due to a family bereavement....apparently.

What is that, the fifth time now?

Just goes to prove what a world-beating Test and Trace system it is that the current administration spaffed 37bn on. Apparently UK COVID figures are so high because so many more people are tested than in the disease-ridden rest of the world.

It has everything to do with it.

Consider how the left and their allies rail against the use of normal language as "divisive or bigoted or racist or transphobic or islamophobic" and use social media to castigate and persecute normal people, cowing them into submission with threats of "being cancelled" for their "hate speech".

At the same time they give themselves free rein to demonise their political opponents - and those that would support them - with the language of hate, fear and tyranny. This, by the very nature of its roots in political hatred, serves only to further embolden other hateful actors and entities of political and religious organisations.

Angela Rayner didn't stab Sir David Amess, but her hand, and those of her supporters, through her use of the language of hatred, helped guide the blade.

She doesn't get to give herself a free pass to use that type of hate speech, nor legitimise a political party that allows her to do so.

Not while I can put a cross on a ballot paper.
I totally agree with what you say about hate speech and the way the left particularly embrace it, while trying to point the finger and screech at others who say anything they disagree with.

That said, as things stand, the creature that murdered David Amiss did so because of religious zealotry, not due to political dogma and I very much doubt he listened to labour speeches, MSM commentary of those speeches, could differentiate between right or left in politics or had any viewpoint outside of his religious fervour.

Was Angela Raynor’s comment’s hate speech?

Yes, undoubtedly, and I hope it was reported to the police who recorded it as such, but to say she’s even indirectly responsible for David Amiss’ murder is a stretch, in my view.

Londo

LE

Possibly both.

And no, I wouldn't.

I have standards.
I believe Angelah is on bereavement leave at the moment . Not sure who (David Amiss perhaps ?) .
Agreed that the labour front bench must be absolutely useless if they had to put forwards that failed man Miliband to speak for them .

I have very low standards so yes I would
But she would have to be ball gagged and strapped to the bench in my cellar .

TamH70

MIA
I believe Angelah is on bereavement leave at the moment . Not sure who (David Amiss perhaps ?) .
Agreed that the labour front bench must be absolutely useless if they had to put forwards that failed man Miliband to speak for them .

I have very low standards so yes I would
But she would have to be ball gagged and strapped to the bench in my cellar .

Luxury.

I don't even have a cellar. Or a bench.

Latest Threads