Angela Rayner PM?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Curiously, if you take @sirbhp's signature:

'A sapper with an idea is like a monkey with a hand grenade'

and throw in another 'l', you could be describing Our Angela. God forbid she gets to put her 'ideas' into practice, in No 10 or anywhere else.
Good point although I get the feeling that we will all be spared Angela's particular brand of power*, given her own and her party's performance lately.

* "Well, I don't have any figures to hand."

"Well, that's just me in'tit."

ad infinitum

Good point although I get the feeling that we will all be spared Angela's particular brand of power*, given her own and her party's performance lately.

* "Well, I don't have any figures to hand."

"Well, that's just me in'tit."

ad infinitum

Just surprised she didn't reply that facts are racist

dragon825

War Hero
Not just the office quizzes though is it?

I cringe at some of the levels of utterer incomprehension displayed by some of the younger contestants on TV quizzes (unless as mentioned earlier up thread the questions are on Celebrity do dah or who is at Number 1 in the charts).

Notwithstanding the pressure of being on TV, and being asked quick fire questions which can discombobulate the best of us, a very distinct (yet expected) base level of knowledge is missing IMHO.
yesterday on house of games (TV quiz show) they were asked to write down a country in Europe that was landlocked. 20 something girl wrote, Amsterdam!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's a minor testicality for a rutiluphile!
Excellent given for the use of the word "rutiluphile". I had to look that up, well done.

yesterday on house of games (TV quiz show) they were asked to write down a country in Europe that was landlocked. 20 something girl wrote, Amsterdam!
Sabrina Grant - in her mid-30s, actually. And a few weeks back another young woman (on Tipping Point), asked to identify The Hague from a given description that included the words 'Dutch city', answered, "Belgium". So a maritime country is a Dutch city and a Dutch city is a landlocked country. It seems Our Angela is not the only runner in the cretin stakes.

Last edited:
An aside but I have a mate who graduated from Oxford “without honours”, which is a rank below even third class. He says it has never mattered, merely having Oxford on his CV at all has opened all the doors for him anyway.

A bit like Douglas Haig.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
*Babs Castle got a third class degree. Which I’m sure you get just for filling your name on the form and spelling it correctly!
No. I know several people who got 3rd Class Honours degrees and have done very well in their field.

The teaching on my first degree course was abysmal, I would say that out of 20+ lecturers only ~5 had any interest in teaching. A lot of people worked very hard and only got 2.II or 3rds.

For example, my thermodynamics lecturer the late Prof G H***** was a nice bloke but had no interest in teaching and was also attempting to teach a very difficult subject. 40% of first year students failed thermodynamics and had to re-sit. That would be intolerable today. [For info, I worked my arrse off and passed thermodynamics without a re-sit].

In other cases, people picked the wrong university course or sometimes even the wrong university and suffered accordingly.

Carol Vorderman has a 3rd in Maths and it doesn't seem to have hindered her career.

No. I know several people who got 3rd Class Honours degrees and have done very well in their field.

The teaching on my first degree course was abysmal, I would say that out of 20+ lecturers only ~5 had any interest in teaching. A lot of people worked very hard and only got 2.II or 3rds.

For example, my thermodynamics lecturer the late Prof G H***** was a nice bloke but had no interest in teaching and was also attempting to teach a very difficult subject. 40% of first year students failed thermodynamics and had to re-sit. That would be intolerable today. [For info, I worked my arrse off and passed thermodynamics without a re-sit].

In other cases, people picked the wrong university course or sometimes even the wrong university and suffered accordingly.

Carol Vorderman has a 3rd in Maths and it doesn't seem to have hindered her career.

Engineering, not maths for our Carol. Youngest female to study engineering at Cambridge at the time.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
However, none of what I wrote above applies to Ms Rayner who is thicker than a slab of Aberdeen Angus prime beef mince and uncouth to boot.

I don't want to imagine Ms Rayner at e.g. a G7 conference with other world leaders. The UK would be a laughing stock. Rayner embodies all that is wrong with the British education system today.

ETA and a chunk of what is wrong with British politics.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You go for it mate and tell us all about it when you emerge as a withered shadow of your former self!
You say that like it's a bad thing!

Excellent given for the use of the word "rutiluphile". I had to look that up, well done.
Me too. Unbelievable that such filthy, malodorous deviants exist.

Filthy bastards.

RTU'd

LE
This is what Angela should wear in public.
images

A ball gag would stop her toxic comments & might excite her.

I hear, allegedly she wears one for steamy nights with @don't tell him pike

Gunner82

War Hero
I remember them well, also those in Heaths and Wilsons cabinets. They had their share of Cabinet/Front Bench f*ckwits too so it's not just a modern day problem.

The actual problem is we don't have enough of the excellent politicians of old (in any Party) in order to outweigh the dross like Labour particularly but also the Conservatives, SNP and Liberals are infected by.
WE do not need any politicians as we have Carrie Johnson in charge.