Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angela Rayner - Fit to direct education policy?

The simplistic solution is allow everyone in the industry a vote.

Unfortunately (from what I have heard from other teachers recently) they would be in favour of anyone left of Blair provided he didn't cause any more famines.
In so doing, you would end up with a system that represents only the supply side (and all its vested interests). I’d far rather see non-expert ministers who represent demand side interests and are willing to take on those vested interests.

I am glad that I was educated in the 60's and 70's. I had a severe stutter as a kid, my headmaster at primary school pretty much cured it at no expense to the taxpayer by the simple expedient of making me recite the lord's prayer at assembly at least twice a week for 5 years. I still stutter a bit ( mainly when I am pissed up) but have no problem with public speaking.
These days I would be wound in front of speech therapists and educational psychologists ad infinitum and would probably have ended up self harming as I gibbered to myself.

I am glad that I was educated in the 60's and 70's. I had a severe stutter as a kid, my headmaster at primary school pretty much cured it at no expense to the taxpayer by the simple expedient of making me recite the lord's prayer at assembly at least twice a week for 5 years. I still stutter a bit ( mainly when I am pissed up) but have no problem with public speaking.
These days I would be wound in front of speech therapists and educational psychologists ad infinitum and would probably have ended up self harming as I gibbered to myself.

My year group had about eight or so of us and we all stuttered differently, I was a ssssssssshussssher.
If we were ever together in a group, it was pandemonium.
Some had therapy some did not.
My tech drawing teacher must have had the same idea.
I was quite good at tech and he always got me up in front of class to talk through a drawing problem.
It got a nice groan off my mates.

Dredd

LE

And these days the Head would be up in front of a panel to explain their conduct before they were stripped of title and sent to some sensitivity course.

Latest Threads