Andy Murray deserves knighthood - David Cameron

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tuffty, Jul 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excuse me if this has been done already BUT - all he did was win a game of tennis,what about the guys who are risking their lives for this country around the world - dont they count 'call me' Dave

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good bit of easy popularity for CMD. What next? OBE for Brady?

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

3. Sports/Movie/Music stars started getting honours years ago it recognises achievement in their field. Bitching about our brave boys at the front is just sad and frankly pointless. He will get honoured for what he achieved get past it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 6
  4. Excellent comparison worthy of the highest form of debate on the Internet. Take the rest of the day off now as you have drawn attention to yourself as a prize bell end good work.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have no problem with sports stars getting honours, but I'm not a fan of this new practice of doing it the moment that they win something.

It should be a sort of end-of-career thing, and recognise both achievements in the sport along with worthwhile activities outside of it.

But Jess Ennis can keep her CBE because she's hot.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Call me sad and old fashioned but i still believe that knighthoods should be given for valor in the field and nothing else esp not cheapened by rock/pop stars or others like Sir Alan Sugar or Mick Jagger or Tony Robinson etc.

• Like Like x 5
  7. You think he's likely to win anything else?

• Like Like x 3
  8. You must have been in the Army during the Middle Ages then? You bell end.

• Like Like x 7
  9. What is cheap about what he has achieved the effort and dedication that it took for him to do what he did is admirable. In the country we award people by giving them honours for being the best in their field something Andy Murray undoubtable is I don't see the problem.

Valour is recognised and awarded by a series of gallantry medals and is a completely different thing to knighthoods MBE etc and drawing a comparison is pointless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The whole point of inventing medals such as the VC was to allow decoration for valour on a 'level playing field' across the rank structure, which I'm sure most people will agree is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. This Murray bloke, is he Scottish or British at the moment?

It's a fucking game, not worthy of anything.

• Like Like x 6
  12. He saw off some foreign johnnie in single combat, what more do you want?

And you're sad and old fashioned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Absolutely right. Also you shouldn't hold a comission unless you have the funds to purchase it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. You are Sir Henry Simmerson and I claim my ten guineas.

• Like Like x 3
  15. It was worth 1.6 million plus his sponsorship etc so I reckon your wrong on that. I am sure from the lofty pinnacle of success you have gained in your life your able to look down on his achievements.

• Like Like x 1