Andy Murray - British Sporting Hero or Miserable Jock Git?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Ethel_the_Aardvark, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Andy Murray the great British Sporting Hero (and first men's Wimbledon singles champion since 1936)

15 vote(s)
  2. Andy Murray the miserable, humourless Scottish git (and losing Wimbledon finalist)

46 vote(s)
  3. Who cares (at least we are stuffing the Aussies at cricket)

15 vote(s)
  4. Andy who? But his girlfriend it worthy of further consideration.

31 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, it's been a good weekend for British sport so far ............. Bradley Wiggins leading the Tour de Frog, cricket team walloped the Aussies (again) and yesterday Jonny Marray became the first men's Wimbledon champion since 1936 (albeit it in the doubles and with a Dane for a partner).

In about 8 hours time we will know the fate of Andy Murray at which point he will either be a Great British hero or he will have reverted back to being a dour, humourless, pasty faced, miserable Scottish git.

So which is it to be?
  2. Certainly not worth £100million if he wins (and let's hope he doesn't) - as reported in the Times today.

£100million for knocking a ball around - FFS.
  3. I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt.
  4. It's not the winning, It's the ******* banging on about it the counts!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hero?

******* HERO??

He's a Jock toff who spends his life on a permanent Wednesday sports afternoon, knocking a little yellow ball around the park with a big bat.

He ain't a hero.
    • Like Like x 10
  6. Is there an "Anyone but Andy " club in England :)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. dour, humourless, pasty faced, miserable Scottish git
  8. Well, I hope he wins. Too much knocking of British icons, values etc etc going on nowadays. We could take a few lessons from the Krauts or the Yanks as far as patriotism goes.

Besides which, I would leave the delightful Kim Sears with a face like a plasterer's radio given half the chance.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And you lot go on, and in and on about whinging Jocks!

What a ******* bunch of hypocrites.

Where's my ABE shirt.
    • Like Like x 6
  10. I think he pissed on his chips with many south of the border when he declared that he would be cheering for Paraguay or (insert any foreign team) when they played England. Plus he has all the charisma of a depressive traffic warden who collects photos of electricity pylons.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. ******* Jocks - you'll even whinge about hypocrisy.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Point of order: the last British Wimbledon champion was Jamie Murray (Andy's brother) in 2007 playing in the mixed doubles with Jelena Jankovic.

And its possible for Murray to be a British sporting hero AND a miserable Jock git. Indeed he's been a miserable Jock git seemingly his entire life so it must be a chronic condition.
  13. "you cannot be serious...." :)
  14. Miserable, whinney, moon tanned ****. End of.
  15. £100 million? The winner gets about £1.1 Million.

Yes he is dour, yes he is a jock. So what, I hope he wins, then goes on winning.
    • Like Like x 2