Andy McNabs Tour of Duty.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Dizzee367, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone watch it? I thought it was good.

If you didn't see it and you want to watch it, heres the link: Andy McNab's Tour of Duty.

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I watched it and thought it was great. The first thought s I had when I heard him speak were "aah, no wonder he wrote all those books - 'e's a cockney sparra, and no mistake, and likes to talk a lot" or something.

Soon dispelled - did a fantastic job on the program, and bigged the PWRR up VERY nicely - and so he should. Those lads are the dog's nuts, especially Dan Mills!

Top program, and can't wait for the next installation - next week folks.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It was absolutely cracking and is a saver on my box!

I used to know the OC and he is a star!

4. Course he's a cockney sparra...from an estate in Peckham.
    Think he's ex RGJ (?) prior to SAS.

5. Next week's episode looks just as good.

6. Yeah he did used to be RGJ before the SAS, although he wanted to be a chopper pilot.

7. On the whole a good programme, quite enjoyable.
    BUT!
    Those reconstructions! Walts all with different gear and airsoft rifles and poor acting :D
    However, as a programme obviously done on the cheap, pretty good.

8. Yep.

I found the reconstructions irritating, the credits implied it was Cambridge OTC doing it.

Hats off to the PWRR, though, and good to see the CIMIC House action getting a wider audience.

Timed just nicely after SAS Down Under.

Now THAT looks hard...

9. OTC you say?
    Well I would have thought even OTC people would have known that there was a big difference in the way a PRR looks, and a PC bluetooth headset :D

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Actually during Telic 4 al ot of people converted Bluetooth phone ear pieces to work with PRR
    You could buy them in the Shat Al Arab and the siggy blokes would wire them up for a couple of quid
    It seemed the thing to have especially amongst the Cheshires at the time

11. Really? (Assuming Ive not dove head first into a wah)
    Blimey, everydays a school day.
    Ive never heard of that before.

12. [quote="
    Timed just nicely after SAS Down Under.

quote]

Any links to this? I can't receive the NG Channel.

13. Looks good, just watched a clip, downloading to PC or later. 8)

14. Anyone know where I can watch the second episode? I missed it and ITV4's I iPlayer doesn't work. I e-mailed them asking them to fix it and they replied with this.

"Dear Viewer

Thank you for contacting itv.com.

Unfortunately, due to a technical fault with Andy McNab's Tour of Duty broadcast on 17th June, this episodes will not be available on catch up. We endeavour to make as many programmes available as possible, but due to unforeseen circumstances this is not always possible."

What bollocks.

15. I missed part one - tried the link when I clicked on part one it disappeared. E mailed them to complain.

Looks like it's not a real catch up - more a case some work and some don't. Looked for it on youtube but could only find the American Vietnam series.