Andy McNab

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sneezeclown, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sneezeclown

Sneezeclown Swinger

I see Andy McGrab's new marketing blurb describes him as;

"Britain's original SAS hero"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Recoil-Andy-McNab/dp/0593055578/sr=1-1/qid=1163581635/ref=sr_1_1/202-7812035-6296602?ie=UTF8&s=books

I'd have thought David Sterling, Paddy Mayne, et al would be somewhat peeved!

2. The-Daddy

The-Daddy War Hero

and Lofty Large!

3. I think Andy believes himself to be Churchill.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    British politician (1874 - 1965)

4. FNUSNU

FNUSNU LE

What a discrace, the cheek of the guy knows no bounds. B2Z did enough tocompromise opsec and put guys in danger, it gets worse and worse.

5. Yellow_Devil

Yellow_Devil War Hero

Don't know how he can go out in public after Michael Asher wrote "The Real Bravo Two Zero".

Also don't know why TV stations use him as a pundit to explain events in Iraq, as he's a best-selling author not an expert on the Middle East.

6. HVM_Boy

HVM_Boy War Hero

There's a bloke I know who has done all sorts of sneaky stuff here in NI. Its hard sometimes to tell if he's telling a true story, or one that he made up five mins before.

Anyway, in about 1998 we were in a pub talking about McNab, and this bloke said..."well, when I knew him he was called **** ******** and he was a bit of a w@nker."

We all thought he was telling another one of his spoofs.

Its only in that article that his surname is confirmed as the same as the bloke said to me. :roll:

7. DodgerH

DodgerH Old-Salt

Mr McNab is one To**er

8. Wish i was a couple of £££'s behind him.

9. The-Daddy

The-Daddy War Hero

you mean XXXXXX[edited by MOD due to arrse real-name-rules]? Knew that ten years ago but so what if he's changed his name for publishing - some authors do that.

I always wondered if "Andy McNab" was some kind of joke name the boys in the Regiment used - or some dodgy rhyming slang

10. Bennett

Bennett Crow

What like...

"Andy McNab" = Crab
    "Andy McNab" = STAB
    "Andy McNab" = Flab

Just a thought!

11. I was told by an old Sgt Maj that he was a t0sser and a damned liar. Damn him to hell!

12. Yellow_Devil

Yellow_Devil War Hero

Changing his name for publishing is fine, but all the B/S about changing his name "for security reasons" is what gets me. The man must be the extreme example of "keeping the myth alive".

IIRC "Andy MacNab" is a hero in a John Buchan novel, but Bennett's version is better :D

13. If you ever meet him you would think he wouldn't look out of place as a painter and decorator -that's who i thought he was.

14. The-Daddy

The-Daddy War Hero

BBM - was he the one who refurbished your back passage? :lol:

15. Yellow_Devil

Yellow_Devil War Hero

It's all that "gray man" training they give them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.