Andy McNab

Is Michael Asher the new Mick McStab? Or is McStab the old Asher?

Truxx

LE
All very well to say that he's a hero and everything, but if his books are the only things that you're taking as "evidence" here, don't you think there is a slight possibility in your making an error in your conclusion, especially as the parts of B20 that make him look good have been shown to be pure fiction?
Or to put it simply, he's a liar, and you should know better than to belive all that sh1te. B20 is nothing but shameless self-glorification, at the expense of a dead sergeant who he blamed, seemingly wrongly, for all the cock-ups.

Surely the fact that he was kicked out of the SAS assoc. shows the Regiment's view of him? And they're the ones who are most likely to know as much as anyone about the B20 patrol, which, from what we know about it, does not happen to coincide with "McNab's" or Chris Ryan's version.
The combined Staff Colleges were given the most outstanding briefing by DDSF Andy Massey in late-ish 1991, flanked by CO 22 and OC Shakey Boats,well before B20 was written, let alone published. The realities of the collective SF adventures were way more outstanding than the book when it finally appeared.

So whilst there might be some questionable details, neither McNab nor Ryan were or are liars.

The combined Staff Colleges were given the most outstanding briefing by DDSF Andy Massey in late-ish 1991, flanked by CO 22 and OC Shakey Boats,well before B20 was written, let alone published. The realities of the collective SF adventures were way more outstanding than the book when it finally appeared.

So whilst there might be some questionable details, neither McNab nor Ryan were or are liars.
If it had been my full screw carder, I think I would have to go back to another one

He never even included shooting down an Iraqi sattelite with a crossbow, blowing up a whole desert, capturing 200,000 prisoners and diving down to Atlantis to battle Saddam Hussains pet Megalodon with an issue tin opener.

Shut up McNab only the RAF think you are cool
Impress me, go to the mess in Hereford

Why don’t you write a book on your exciting military career, show people how it’s done.

The thing with Bravo Two Zero that we shouldn't forget is that this was one of the 1st SF books written, other than Soldier I by the mad but brilliant 'Pete Winner', and was not only vetted by the MoD (who initially encouraged him to write the thing in the first place) but the author was also (probably) encouraged by the publisher to go back and sex it up a bit as it won't sell

McNab can have had no idea how popular this book was going to be so more than likely wasn't too concerned about inconsistencies with actual events or future accounts of the mission unlike 'Mike Coburns' Soldier Five which I think is an honest, well written and accurate description of events as it was always intended to be

Personally I think the guy is a UK legend, a committed soldier who served his country with courage and conviction suffering loss and pain along the way. He left the Army as the UKs highest decoratd soldier, an accolade seldom achieved by tossers, I'm sure

As for Micheal Asher, that unwashed looney left Arab loving trouble causer was never a soldier anyway, more like a public school privelaged Bear Grylls type who only ever got through the G Squadron back door as an adventure, never to serve his country but himself

My opinion is McNab all the way. The work he has done to raise PTSD awareness and injured or homeless veterans is worthy of an MM in itself, never forgetting where you come from is always a commendable attribute demonstrating a proper Brittish feet on the ground attitude and a caring personality whereas Asher is only interested in telling you how wonderful he is crossing deserts with a 20 strong film crew and cashing in on building a cairn in scud box for Vince whilst POOH POOhing books which we all know could never be accurate, an accolade often achieved by tossrs, I'm sure

Have you learnt to control your gag reflex after all that c0ck sucking?

Latest Threads