Andy McNab Impressive Rack!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by geezer466, Nov 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy McNab: 'My real mum left me in a carrier bag on a step at Guy's Hospital in London when I was a baby' | Mail Online

14 is an impressive number and one usually out of the reach of most who take the Queens shilling.
    Of course his MM and DCM are well documented and he will have a GSM for Op Banner and a Gulf War medal but what about the other 10?

Any ideas on what they are for? As he was in the RGJ for a number of years its possible he was awarded a UN medal at some point?

2. One for best drop handle tash.
    One for getting the colour of the boat house at heerford right.

3. One for the worst pre-op briefing to B20.

• Like Like x 8
  4. One for 2,397th on The Balcony.

5. Services to Publishing.

6. One for killing an iraqi whilst tied to a chair with his hands tied behind his back with a 203

7. Cold war medal?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Being Married. With bar for more than once.

• Like Like x 6

9. Damn....must send off for mine!

10. Is there such a medal? Do I get two for going twice?

11. of course,all of us on here sailed through selection!!....not.
    and one MM is worth 10 attendance medals?

• Like Like x 2
  12. You'll get the one and don't be sodding greedy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tsk. I only asked. And I was on the balcony too. Well, from my armchair in BAOR.

14. I tried sailing through Selection but I found that a boat didn't work very well on Pen-y-Fan so I failed quite spectacularly.

It made all the arguing I did to get it towed out there by the jackwagon seem like a waste of time too.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Aside from DCM, MM, GSM, Granby, UNPROFOR, IFOR, possibly UNFICYP, possibly an ACSM, possibly a LS&GC.

There is no reports of him being involved in Rhodesia or Falklands, and no other campaign medals were issued between 82-93.

Others Ops whilst he was SAS (84 & 93) may have attracted a bar to GSM, but no medals were struck for specific ops.

Maybe some flip-flop medals from Saudi & Kuwait?