Andy McNab campaign to save dogs

Soldiers launch campaign to save two army dogs due to be put down - Independent.ie

It seems the MOD is going to put down three of its unwanted dogs and Andy's unhappy. The hero of Bravo 2 Zero said that the dogs saved "countless lives when I was in the Special Air Service sniffing out explosives". Fair play to Andy for sniffing out the IEDs himself but it does make the dogs redundant.

Anyway killing the dogs seems a bit callous. Couldn't they put a couple of kennels in Chelsea or something.

The army puts down dozens of dogs every year.

The dogs were saving lives sniffing out explosives when I was in EOD but the only thing I ever smelled was the buggers farts, the army fed the dogs the cheapest crap they could get and by the cringe how those dogs farted.

Therapy dogs & cats go round hospitals, old people's homes, hospices, schools (incl special needs). Maybe they would be good for the Chelsea Pensioners, like you said.

Soldiers launch campaign to save two army dogs due to be put down - Independent.ie

It seems the MOD is going to put down three of its unwanted dogs and Andy's unhappy. The hero of Bravo 2 Zero said that the dogs saved "countless lives when I was in the Special Air Service sniffing out explosives". Fair play to Andy for sniffing out the IEDs himself but it does make the dogs redundant.

Anyway killing the dogs seems a bit callous. Couldn't they put a couple of kennels in Chelsea or something.
What about housing them with an ex-dog handler? I'm sure there are a few guys out there that would jump at the chance to rehome the dogs.

What about housing them with an ex-dog handler? I'm sure there are a few guys out there that would jump at the chance to rehome the dogs.
I'd love to have one,

"sorry luv, we can't go into that shop, dog says it's dangerous"

Edited to add "he says the pub is ok"

Last edited:
Considering he's apparently a diagnosed psychopath, what the fuck he wants to do with a couple of spare hounds is anyone's guess

Considering he's apparently a diagnosed psychopath, what the **** he wants to do with a couple of spare hounds is anyone's guess
Psychopaths in the SAS, you say? :)

This I think would be the most promising solution, however I would be wary of any ex IED hound sitting in the bar with the 1000yard stare..........

Does all seem a bit callous as said. But then, I'm a sucker for pooches & cats.
I do hope they at least get a good Wok in the end.
Oh...wrong country.:confused:

ugly

LE
Therapy dogs & cats go round hospitals, old people's homes, hospices, schools (incl special needs). Maybe they would be good for the Chelsea Pensioners, like you said.
Ex-Army dogs will have PTSD (Paws Through Screen Doors) and be in court for sniffing bums in public and weeing on car tyres!

At risk of vaguely serious answer, the Army is unlikely to want to willingly put them down unless there is literally no other option. I suspect there are things about these dogs that arent public knowledge which would explain why they've not been rehoused.

Its possible they've got PTSD and are barking mad?

At risk of vaguely serious answer, the Army is unlikely to want to willingly put them down unless there is literally no other option. I suspect there are things about these dogs that arent public knowledge which would explain why they've not been rehoused.

Where's the Groan button when you need it? Oh well, have a Funny.

The story says ;
" A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "Wherever possible, we endeavour to re-home them (dogs) at the end of their service life.Sadly, there are some occasions where this is not possible."
So that's that then.