Android app recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Excognito, Jan 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She Who Must Be Obeyed somehow found an Android-based Dell Streak in her stocking at Xmas and is taking to it in a manner that makes a duck look positively aquaphobic.

However, she'd like a better time-management app than the built-in one, something more akin to her Palm. Has anybody got any recommendations? In particular, she'd like the ability to easily make 15-minute appointments and to be able to see the complete day/week with gaps.

Any other office/PIM app recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------

I did an OTA upgrade to Android 2.2 from 1.6 with no problems, which means she can now watch BBC iPlayer.

Despite it being bought from Tesco's and Tesco's mobile service being via O2, the Tesco GSM service was very slow but her pukka O2 PAYG seems fine.

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Not PIMs but I can't live without:

• Tapatalk
    • Seesmic
    • Dolphin Browser
    • K9 Mail
    • Handcent SMS
    • Lastpass
    • BBC News by Jim Blacker

3. the suspense....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad CO

that was quick .... busy day?

5. There is no news today.... nothing happening at all.

I'm getting very frustrated with a non android HTC

6. Bad CO

I've just myself a lovely HTC Desire to replace my HTC Hero. Both are lovely but the Desire is a very nice upgrade ....

7. I have a Desire too, it's pretty tasty.

8. If you dont like her tell her to try Angry Birds.

You won't see her for a week. :O

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

9. That could be the way forward- once I've wrested the upgrade out of Tmobile. My sausage fingers don't cope with the tiny buttons on the current model and I'm not sure about the pokey stick that comes with it

10. Sadly, your cunning plan failed. 10 yr old daughter recognized the theme and somehow got hold of the Streak and it then passed back and forth between 5 yr old son and her. (8 yr old son was too engrossed in something Incredible on the PC).

11. Thanks for that. She might be interested in Dolphin and the K9 mail.

12. I'm looking at the X10 mini pro, there seems to be a few task and note pad planners if you shove free applications android in to google. You might need to go through 3 or 4 sites as I can't remember which one it was on thou!

13. I tried that but sadly it doesn't seem to work on Wildfire

14. Would heavily recommend WhatsApp, an android/iphone equiv to Blackberry messenger, free to use and automatically adds your mates from your phone book who have it

• Like Like x 1
  15. He's discovered your internet history then? :razz: