Andrew Murray

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Johnny_Norfolk, Jul 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think Andrew Murry the tennis player should be reminded that he is playing for Great Britain not Scotland. His remarks about the English football team is regretable.

Why is it that the Scotts are so anti English. We have let them have their own parliment, They have more than there fare share of the taxes, they can vote on English issues where as the English cannot vote on Scottish issues. Whats wrong with them. ?

2. Re. Andrew Murray. I would support him at Wimbledon before his anti-English remark but did notice he behaved like a spoilt child when things didn't go his way. I overlooked that.

Now I think he's just a lanky, goofy spoilt Scottish arrse and I hope the Wimbledon crowds give him $hit every year.

3. Re. Andrew Murray. I would support him at Wimbledon before his anti-English remark but did notice he behaved like a spoilt child when things didn't go his way. I overlooked that.

Now I think he's just a lanky, goofy spoilt Scottish arrse and I hope the Wimbledon crowds give him $hit every year.

4. I think anti Scottish feeling is growing in England due the the attitude of the likes of Murray and the leader of the Scottish parliment.

5. nothing at all to do with your p*ss poor attitude then?

6. Maybe the English attitude towards the Scottish would explain.
    But before you start i'm not anti English just an observer.

7. I've got to say I found his comments to be somewhat childish. I'm British, he is a Brit, I was hoping he would do well at Wimbledon as he is a fellow Brit.

English, Scottish, we're all bloody British. Both countries serve in the British Army. I don't have a problem supporting a fellow Brit, or a fellow British team. Why is it so hard for others?

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Oh, FFS. In terms of football, Scotland and England are entirely independent (ask either FIFA or UEFA) Get over it and fucking grow up. We don't support you. Deal with it.

9. Andrew Murray is an annoying teenager; but not as annoying as his mother on Radio Five live, the smug bugger :evil:

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If Murray was one of mine - fecking right I would be smug. Of course Timbo was never anything other than magnanimous as were his supporters (who seem to be diminishing in number)

It is only a game of tennis FFS (unless you are in line for mega bucks, and nationality goes right out the window then, :oops: rightly so :wink: )

11. Easy, the sweatys and welsh ect do not like it when we do well ,so stuff em......

12. If Murray was one of mine - fecking right I would be smug. Of course Timbo was never anything other than magnanimous as were his supporters (who seem to be diminishing in number)

It is only a game of tennis FFS (unless you are in line for mega bucks, and nationality goes right out the window then, :oops: rightly so :wink: )[/quote]

I'll agree with that.

13. If you really want to see anti English bile from Celts, have a look at some of the football chat sites. There are some very sad people out there who base their whole life around waiting for some English team to lose. What a bloody waste of time. I really do wish that Scotland or Wales could actually win a World Cup of some kind........ any bloody kind. Perhaps it would give them something to focus on other than that of whinging or whining about the English.

FFS, some Scots actually believe that Brave Heart was for real. :lol:

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Rumrunner - you are a star, perfectly correct in your comments. And I am sure when the southern football leagues start up again there may be some English treams in lower Divisions (although it seems that the 1st 5 Divisions are all Champions :? )

15. There has been very little anti Scottish feeling in England.

Why do the Scotts hate the English so much. ?