Andrew Marr :Interview with Jock Stirrup - Questions Invited

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ratty22, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrsers all.

Just seen on the BBC News web site. An invitation by Andrew Marr for all and sundry to provide questions for his interview on Rembrance Sunday with CDS.

Over to you.

G'Day

2. Ask him how many times Bde HQs in Iraq or Afghanistan have staffed papers through the MoD for more equipment (Protective Mobility, Air or other eqpt), and how many have been declined by the MoD in the last two years.

I expect the answer should be - we've said yes to them all!

:)

3. If extra helicopters were bought when tony blair promised "the commanders will get everything they ask for", would we have seen less fatalities to IEDs in afghanistan?

4. Q: WTF are you still doing in the job,working on the nest egg before you retire? :roll:

5. I'd love Andrew Marr to ask him how he can sit there with a straight face and come out with the same two lines when asked about helicopters?

"We have increased flying hours over the last couple of years by 60%," without mentioning that personnel numbers have also increased by about that number, ie, no more helicopter hours per man.

"We have the helicopters we need to do the missions we are doing," yes, but would we be doing those missions if we had more helicopters?

In short I think the man is a proper cu.nt.

6. Has the dull fukcwit ever read a history book on Afghanistan, the only country never to have been conquered by another country in its history even Alixander the Great was scared of them

7. Considering the use and maintenance of the 0.5 Browning and its mobility capabilites and the high cost of ammunition and sighting systems and the use of the MWMIK could he please as Sir Jock what he recommends for my lucky star numbers for tomorrows Euro Millions Draw. Thank you

8. Why are you still serving?

9. It would be easy to reply that this is a counter insurgency type of war, if so what are we doing to win hearts and minds, why after all this time, do many villages not see an improvement in their standard of living, ie clean water and electricity.

It has been widely publicised that ANA and APF are paid only $100 per month but the Taliban pay $300. Don't you think that we should be destroying the poppy crops to stop money going to the Taliban, prevent the flow of drugs and offer the poppy farmers a viable alternative ?

Why are we supporting a corrupt government, which was exposed as corrupt years ago ? is it a case of better to have a leaky bucket than no bucket ?

10. And why not pay the ANA & APF more than the Taliban do

11. Due to the global opiet (spelling mong) shortage, why don't we let the farmers grow poppy for the West, pay them a fair price for it, thus giving them a living wage and taking the opium out of the hands of terry. But i suppose the big drug companies will object.

12. yes forgot to add that bit, would obviously be much cheaper than employing a javelin to take out the $300 a week insurgent

13. Can we use little nukes please, Sir? Just little ones, please?

Or just bury dead Talib / suicide bombers with pork - so they lose their Eternal Souls ( = Not Good. )

14. sir jock!! pretend the camera's arent here and tell us your real take on the ghanners operation/mini war we are in at the moment!!??

and is Gordon on your christmas card list!??

15. Perhaps he could answer why that cock-wrangling cnut Glenton is still free to swan off to Stop The War protests and appear TV?