Andrew, does the Army want him representing them?

It's him or me apparently (well it is the Daily Heil...)

CC_TA

LE
Thank feck HRH The Countess of Wessex has been made the REME colonel in chief or we might have been stuck with the fecker. :cool:

Troy

LE
I've considered this carefully...

Prince Andrew should be posted to work in a Maritime Role in the Falkland Islands. Eventually he might be able to redeem himself somehow before he passes away.

And who cares what the Argies might think about that.

He could also have a role attached to the British Antarctic Survey seeing how his career has been going South lately anyway.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Can you imagine the toasts Mr/s Vice could be put up to,

Mr Vice, the Regimental Col.

Ladies and Gentlemen (pause) The Royal Nonce (allegedly)

Etc.

It'd cost a lot of champagne, but you would become a figure of legend.

I've considered this carefully...

Prince Andrew should be posted to work in a Maritime Role in the Falkland Islands. Eventually he might be able to redeem himself somehow before he passes away.

And who cares what the Argies might think about that.

He could also have a role attached to the British Antarctic Survey seeing how his career has been going South lately anyway.
I'm sure the Falklanders would have something to say about that... Like 'F*** Right Off!"

Troy

LE
I'm sure the Falklanders would have something to say about that... Like 'F*** Right Off!"
No seriously, I think they could be persuaded. Loyalty to the Crown and all that. Maybe the title; The Royal Falkland Islands could be suggested...

I'm sure it could work.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Long embroiled in accusations of sexual misconduct, financial irregularities and living on past glories, the Grenadier Guards were formed in 1656...

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
*Added note: personally I have felt he should have been steered towards the RAF, no Royal Prince had yet picked that as their primary military path, just imagine the mirth to be had on Arrse over the years if Edward had picked the RAF Regiment as his military career path...
Duke of Cambridge as an SAR pilot. Wanted to marry in his RAF uniform but his boss (HMQ) said she hadn't made him an Irish Guards Regimental Colonel, to have him swanning around in a superior services uniform.

One thing that has been crossing my mind is Edward and his status as an Earl, despite some amusing early life gaffs from joining then dropping out of the Royal Marines (Philips fault really - Edward should have been steered towards a more desk type role in one of the services*) and unwise choices by his production company including "Its a Royal Knockout" in recent decades he and his family have been steady and uncontentious.

I would say he has more than served his time on the Royal naughty step and deserves a Dukedom now. I wonder if the reason why he wasn't given the long rumoured Dukedom of Edinburgh after Philips death was to save Andrews blushes...

*Added note: personally I have felt he should have been steered towards the RAF, no Royal Prince had yet picked that as their primary military path, just imagine the mirth to be had on Arrse over the years if Edward had picked the RAF Regiment as his military career path...
The Dukedom of Edinburgh is not vacant; Charles inherited it when his father died. It will become vacant when Charles ascends to the throne.

I’d bet good money that one of Charles’s early acts as King will be to promote Edward to the Edinburgh Dukedom.

The Dukedom of Edinburgh is not vacant; Charles inherited it when his father died. It will become vacant when Charles ascends to the throne.

I’d bet good money that one of Charles’s early acts as King will be to promote Edward to the Edinburgh Dukedom.

Honestly it is just a bit pathetic isn’t it, they all live in such unimaginable luxury that the only things of value to them that they covet and squabble jealously over is these meaningless titles, what even is the difference between a duke and an earl? No one knows or cares.

Honestly it is just a bit pathetic isn’t it, they all live in such unimaginable luxury that the only things of value to them that they covet and squabble jealously over is these meaningless titles, what even is the difference between a duke and an earl? No one knows or cares.
Are they squabbling? I think the only ones who gaf about titles are Andy and Harry. Andy because he’s a buffoon and Harry because the title is all part of Meghan’s business plan.

Edward always strikes me as being pretty normal and willing to “work”, helped by a down-to-earth wife and a strong family unit.

Ursus Major

War Hero
Well you do or you wouldn’t be commenting…

About that difference? Nope, not even slightly

That Andrew is back in the headlines and associating himself with the armed forces? I'd rather he didn't.
I think the normally-staid UK public showed last week that actually BOOING royals can happen.
Likewise, Tony Blair got a raucous reception yesterday.
Reports in the tabloids are that Chas and Will feared the garter ceremony would have been marred by a lack of decorum had Andy pitched up.
While I'm sure inherent discipline would stop HM's Forces from shouting 'sweaty nonce', the public at large wouldn't show such restraint.

Reports in the tabloids are that Chas and Will feared the garter ceremony would have been marred by a lack of decorum had Andy pitched up.
I think that they both want to keep Andrew as far away from things as possible and that this is likely to be the permanent state of affairs. Both men would realise that, after the Queen goes, the future of the monarchy could well be teetering on the edge and that Andrew could be someone capable of tipping it over.

Whether this justifiable concern will be sufficient also to encourage Prince Charles, as king, to keep his trap shut on controversial and contentious matters remains to be seen.

Latest Threads