.... and you thought stagging on for 6 months was bad....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Krieg-Hammer, Jan 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can - vaguely - remember when they found him, and others. Poor bastards. But devoted as hell.
  2. Just a different class of men back then. You see celebrities cry about being in the jungle for 2 - 4 weeks and having to sleep rough, (They conviently forget they are getting a whack load), whilst these guys saw it as their duty. Hats off to these guys who stuck to their duty for almost 30 years! Survivalist!
  3. if there had been a single pane of glass in that jungle he would've been licking it.

mad as a bag of owls.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Apparently he survived for 30 years on a diet of yakisoba, soiled schoolgirl panties, and his own excrement...

I'm just suprised they haven't commissioned a television gameshow based on this yet - "Tune in again next year to find out who commits Seppuku in the Big Bushido Jungle..."
  5. Devoted to what? Blind stupidity? It says a lot about the conditioning of the poor Japanese underclass. Afraid to leave their place of duty for 30 years in case they got ROP's. The CO's have a lot to answer for. Basteds!
  6. Imagine the back pay.......
  7. I bet he could tell you a thing or two about wanking.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I would love to hear the DM reaction if the guy was from here in the UK. Probably would've gotten a zillion pound settlement. Or not.
  9. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  10. Them Allied PoW's weren't going to bayonet themselves I suppose!
  11. Yeah, a whole $200.00 by all accounts.

No LOA either.
  12. I bet he was billed for his diffies as well.

Seriously, I've got a lot of time for the Japanese as a whole but there's no doubt that they went horribly wrong as a society during that time. Refusing to surrender rather than incur shame is just another side to the same coin as bayoneting civvies rather than incur it.
  13. You'd think seeing the morbidly obese American tourists waddling about would've been a clue?