And why not , what a marvellous role model

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by auxie, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pity the guy who he put in a wheelchair can't do the same.

2. Since when did being a reckless dickhead become "serious mistake and error in judgement".

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that anybody with a criminal record is not allowed to work with minors.

Surely if he had committed this crime and then applied for a teaching job after serving the sentence then he would have been bounced as soon as the CRB check was carried out.
  3. Same old thing, the arrseheads get the slap on the back, and the poor sod he crippled has to rely on benefits and family.

Just for once i would like to read, "the convicted arrse was sent down for life and the victim got a huge payout, to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life".

But it will never happen.....
  4. Wonder what he was driving?
  5. I can only talk for the situation in Scotland, which I'm sure is the same, the employer can take pretty much who they want only certain offences would be a definite bar, e.g. sexual/violence.

In a recent job, working with adolescent with autism I could refuse someone with convictions for violence because of the nature of the work but anything other than that had to be considered carefully in case of tribunal claims.

Basically the situation is shite, I've come across a variety of carers/nurses with convictions for anything from shoplifting to armed robbery, and then people wonder why all the complaints about ill-treatment/theft in care homes keep hitting the headlines.
  6. FFS, what has a man's speeding / crashing offences got to do with whether he's any good as a head teacher?

He's been punished with a jail sentence, to stop him from teaching would not benefit anyone, and would prevent him from being a productive member of society.

I'm sure all the usual bandwagon jumpers will be along with offers to string him up etc. that will do a load of good, won't it?