And who is going to cover it this time!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by monkeyspanker, Oct 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anything that illustrates the governments defence cuts folly should be applauded...
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They are dead set on making the public hate them just like its 2003 all over again. Good going chaps. Remember - you are not losing a penny in salary or pensions whilst people all around you are losing their jobs/homes/financial security. I am astounded at their ignorance and lack of understanding regarding public opinion on these (general) cuts right now.
  3. No sympathy, should be grateful for what they've got. If Op Fiasco gets called again, I will be less than impressed.
  4. The problem is though... the government says we are in too much debt and we must all tighten our belts and then gives Billions away... if we are too skint to pay our own... we are certainly too skint to pay other countries citizens.

The government cannot have it both ways.
  5. Firefighters and the public fell out in 2003, and that rift certainly hasn't been closed. I've yet to hear a single person speak up for them.

I'm not surprised though. I work with the Fire & Rescue Service on a regular basis and they are one of the most petty and bureaucratic organisations I've ever come across. Obsessed with political correctness and health & safety (the clipboards, signs and rules kind), I'm amazed they manage to leave the station, let alone go anywhere near a fire.

I read a story the other day about the firefighters who responded to the tube bombings refusing to go down to the platform in case of a secondary device, and I can well believe it. It's not that they're cowardly - just that they're so wrapped up in rules, regulations, political correctness, health & safety and micromanagement that they're completely unable to take decisive action.

It would be unfair to stereotype individual firefighters. But to give you some idea, the Fire Service is an organisation where you can get along just fine without a sense of humour.
  6. Wot 'e said
  7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

This thread was from last night, but there seem to be a lot of others sprouting up and that one from last month is doing the business too. Merged threads maybe?
  8. Given that the MOD stopped planning for OP FRESCO style support years ago, this isn't going to be an issue for the MOD.

However, its a fairly spectacular own goal for the FBU, who seem to have no clue at all about public opinion.
  9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Aye. I'll merge this one to the one in the London forum.