Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

And today's (alleged) Pedo is.....

Why has it taken so long for these women to speak out? If it were one or two cases, I could understand. That in itself makes me wonder what the 'victims' have to gain.

I think many of them felt they were one off's and there was no corroborative evidence. The Saville case made it clear that their abuser might have also assaulted many other victims. And the more accusers that came forward, the easier it is for the CPS to build a case.

The other thing I can't understand is why these celebrities only raped and abused at the height of their careers, when they were hardly struggling to get laid. And why the pattern doesn't seem to have continued as they got older and less famous.

The accusation is under age sex. In other words they used their fame to get under age girls (and boys) into bed. If we look at the number of celebrities accused, its only a small percentage of the total. It may be the same percentage of paedophiles in the general population.

And if you have a high sex drive, a ready supply of young girls may have seemed like manna from heaven at the time. Even if it has come round and bit them in the arse years later.

That said, I'd guess a significant percentage of the accusers have made false or exaggerated allegations in the hopes of winning a big settlement in a civil action. Some of the accused are pretty wealthy.

Wordsmith

And if you have a high sex drive, a few grams of Columbian Marching Powder up your snout and a ready supply of young girls it may have seemed like manna from heaven at the time. Even if it has come round and bit them in the arse years later.

Wordsmith

I think TV land was awash with the stuff in the 60's/70's (allegedly)

Ena Sharples would have had his guts for garters.

ena-sharples.jpg

Hold on... all this thing about the correct spelling... surely it should be pederast. I like France so I'm a Francophile, my Mexican mate is an Anglophile... Regards, ND of Surrey.

Oddly no. Pederast is from greek, and means "boy lover" - usually adolescent. Paedophile is from latin and means "child lover". Ephebophile is attraction to adolescent of either gender

It's odd that "pederast" is greek, but is the spanish (latin language) usual (but not literal) translation of paedophile.

They should have a time limit on these allegations something like 18 and a month for example. 15 year old 1960's probably up for it as they were in the 70's 80's 90's 00's etc wait till the old fellas at coffin dodger stage and go for a payout. Unless mentally ill the person in question was probably quite happy about it all at the time and has just fell on hard times and needs a bit of cash.

In fairness to all those being accused I do hope the police are putting as much effort into investing those doing the accusing as , apparently , they are into investigating the accused