And today's (alleged) Pedo is.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WO2.Ghandi, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ken Barlow

Who will it be tomorrow, I'm running out of 70's celebs I can remember.
  2. I don't know who's worse. Those that abuse children or those that spell peAdo without the A. Personally I think the latter. You sir, are worse than Glitter.
    • Like Like x 8
  3. It's lucky the police don't have much on at the moment! An alleged rape in 1967!!
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Almost as bad as sticking it in the wrong place.

Is that his defence?
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Paedo surely? I've never done anything untoward to leguminous vegetables.
    • Like Like x 2

6. Sticking it in the wrong place - Is that the charge or the defense? :???:

Well I look a cock now for not being able to use the edit button anyway.
  7. Ah, that's why I was asked to leave the local swimming pool when the "S" fell off my Speedos
  8. I assume the story rewrites will have "Ken Barlow" travelling out to join "Kevin Webster" in Germany.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Or he's had a stroke.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. <S niggers>

That's funny.
  11. Comment Deleted - must read news before commenting!!!
  12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I think you could plot a graph of probability of conviction from the amount of individual accusations. Thus:

-- Coronation Street Star; one accuser: low probability of conviction.
    -- Publicity Agent; multiple accusers: higher probability of conviction.

Mind you, you could also correlate the probability of a successful defence with the amount spent on the legal team.

-- £20,000 total: high probability of conviction.
    -- £2 million total: low probability of conviction.

Not that I'm cynical...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Hold on... all this thing about the correct spelling... surely it should be pederast. I like France so I'm a Francophile, my Mexican mate is an Anglophile... Regards, ND of Surrey.
  14. Yeah, it's a good job it's not all over the fucking news or anything.

Saying that Ken Roach is a suspected paedophile is pretty safe legal-wise, what with his having been arrested on suspicion of fucking a 15 year old.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. It's reached the point where you have to ask whether we're simply holding up yesteryear to the perceived moral standards of today.

The definition of rape used to be forcing sex on someone. The modern definition seems to be any situation where explicit permission wasn't given.

Mumsnet think trying your luck when the wife has a headache is rape. Some of them think being chatted up is a form of abuse. I hate to think what they'd make of a guy misreading a situation and leaning in for a snog.

Why has it taken so long for these women to speak out? If it were one or two cases, I could understand. That in itself makes me wonder what the 'victims' have to gain.

The other thing I can't understand is why these celebrities only raped and abused at the height of their careers, when they were hardly struggling to get laid. And why the pattern doesn't seem to have continued as they got older and less famous.