...And the whole bloody issue was driven by steam!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I bet being a doctor in those days was a gas!

I thought women got hysterical only once a month?! No amount of persuasion will get her to allow me to administer medicinal relief - well, at least not when she's in the midst of screaming, crying and throwing things at me!

ask sluggy about it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I can just see it tonight: "Get your kecks off, love, I need to practice my First Aid".

There is a US film, a comedy called "The Road to Wellville" staring Anthony Hopkins and Briget Fonda that is quite funny and deals with this in setting of a Doctor who runs health spa. Came out about 10-12 years ago. It is set in 1890's 1900's era

DavidBOC said:
There is a US film, a comedy called "The Road to Wellville" staring Anthony Hopkins and Briget Fonda that is quite funny and deals with this in setting of a Doctor who runs health spa. Came out about 10-12 years ago. It is set in 1890's 1900's era
Was that the one about Mr Kellog of cornflakes fame :?

There's one not too far from Shanghai as well, which is worth a giggle. Ancient stone dildoes, etc.

Edited to add: Linky

I particularly liked the bit about it being housed in a former girls' school. Shin Trin Yan's, anyone?

Too warm for a coat, but I did have an umbrella, thanks...

bigbird67 said:
DavidBOC said:
Was that the one about Mr Kellog of cornflakes fame :?
Precisely; conflict between Dr Kellogg, Anthony Hopkins (Sir?/Lord?), and cousin George Kellogg (Dana Carvey) over sale of the eponymous flakes with subplot about women needing erm... pelvic manipulation.