• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

And the highlight of my year was...

There wasn't one, unless you count HPH wanting to call his spawn The Mailed Fist Of Righteousness, which really isn't on.

Fair dinkum. Not a single variation in the bereft, Stygian, silent, existential void that I call my 'life', for want of a more apt term. Being gang-raped by Jamaican stevedores and set alight by transvestite Nazi lepers whilst being filmed by Al-Jazeera would constitute a brown streak in my otherwise grey existence. Mustn't grumble, even though I do, frequently and at length.

What about you, eh? Go on, tell us...

(Oh goody, I've just found a new stress zit on my scalp. How thrilling)

P.S.; Happy New Year. Cunts.

The highlight for me was blue-toothing a video from his phone to mine of a hot boy I know shagging his missus. Lowlight was him finding out.

Still w@nk over it though.

Actually, the highlight of my year was thinking back and realising that as I ra[idly approach my 40th I'm actually pretty damned lucky. I have a lovely wife; two adorable daughters; a good job which pays well and which I enjoy-ish; a nice home; all my limbs and faculties intact; and nobody shoots at me except in the everyday Glaswegian fashion.

When I think back to the wee shitehole village I come from and how my contempraries are faring all I can think is, "There but for the grace of God..."

Wow. How did I get this lucky?

Taking part in the Up Helly Aa viking festival in Shetland, going on a Red Sea diving trip with BLESMA and returning to the Falklands to start mine clearance.

Pretty good year really but the low point was Mizz K13's mum passing away.

Looking forward to 2010 with the same wish every year ... let me still be here next 31st December.

smartascarrots said:
Actually, the highlight of my year was thinking back and realising that as I ra[idly approach my 40th I'm actually pretty damned lucky. I have a lovely wife; two adorable daughters; a good job which pays well and which I enjoy-ish; a nice home; all my limbs and faculties intact; and nobody shoots at me except in the everyday Glaswegian fashion.

When I think back to the wee shitehole village I come from and how my contempraries are faring all I can think is, "There but for the grace of God..."

Wow. How did I get this lucky?
Yes, despite my initial witterings, it's easy to lose sight of how lucky we are, especially by comparison to so many other poor bastards. I read the whingings on here about the state of the UK, and also the good accounts by those who've transferred to the ADF, or emigrated here and love it. There's a lot to be grateful for.

Latest Threads