And our Masters supported the Muslim Brotherhood

I,m more angry McDonalds have stopped dishing out those London2012 glasses.. twats.. Oh & Egypt... could we have honestly thought it would be a happy ending there ?? BS,, the whole middle East is a assbackward shithole.. we/ nothing can change that.. Let em roll..

LT.

Oh & Egypt... could we have honestly thought it would be a happy ending there ?? BS,, the whole middle East is a assbackward shithole.. we/ nothing can change that.. Let em roll

LT.
You use a flawed assumption that our political masters' approach involved honesty at all.

We were assured by our Masters, their propagandists in the "media" and by such trustworthy groups as CAIR and the AAI that the Muslim Brotherhood would be reliable and enlightened allies.

You use a flawed assumption that our political masters' approach involved honesty at all.

We were assured by our Masters, their propagandists in the "media" and by such trustworthy groups as CAIR and the AAI that the Muslim Brotherhood would be reliable and enlightened allies.
Well, it's half true, they're reliable. You can rely on them to be wild-eyed savages with a mental age of about 4.

I,m more angry McDonalds have stopped dishing out those London2012 glasses.. twats.. Oh & Egypt... could we have honestly thought it would be a happy ending there ?? BS,, the whole middle East is a assbackward shithole.. we/ nothing can change that.. Let em roll..

LT.
Bastards. I need some more free glassware, someone keeps smashing them all. I suspect its the same person who fills them full of rum, forces me to drink them, wrecks the house, throws my keys and change everywhere and leaves half eaten kebabs everywhere.

I would have hoped that the US foreign policy people could have worked towards a better outcome in Egypt although it is unclear if the outcome could have been changed. Bad situation in Egypt and getting worse steadily. I must confess the US has limited foreign policy experience at the top levels of government. Obama was a US Senator for less than 3 years before becoming POTUS. Sec'ty Clinton was a US Senator for 6 years but was on the armed services committee but did not serve on the foreign affairs committee. Vice President Biden actually served on the foreign affairs committee throughout his long Senate career but Obama had directed his role towards domestic, not international areas.

I do understand that the Copts are having a terrible time under the new regime.

C

count_duckula

Bastards. I need some more free glassware, someone keeps smashing them all. I suspect its the same person who fills them full of rum, forces me to drink them, wrecks the house, throws my keys and change everywhere and leaves half eaten kebabs everywhere.
The Gorilla - ARRSEpedia

Watching Dog Soldiers at the mo, brilliant film. Apparently the sequel is in early pre-production, whatever that means.

The Gorilla - ARRSEpedia

Watching Dog Soldiers at the mo, brilliant film. Apparently the sequel is in early pre-production, whatever that means.
That's what I was implying. :)

Its been in pre-production (allegedly) for a good few years, I want it to come out but will it ever be as good as the real one? I think a #2 would end up trying too hard and being shite. Would still watch it though.

Hahaha, US has a policy of picking wrong allies for short term gains. It still supports the Saudis who are the chief of all the brotherhood shit. Slowly they instigated trouble everywhere. Look at Syria.

But the damn oil is a bitch. Regime change is required in Saudi more than anywhere else.

In an Indian Defence Forum we have said from day one that Libya, Egypt and Syria is a mistake onthe part of the west. They could have looked for better solutions.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Al Arabiyah العربية(amongst others) has detailed the shifts in the editors of the state run/affiliated newspapers to the Muslim Brotherhood الإخوان المسلمون. Censorship does exist and is expected to get worse. Suggesting that it will be difficult to put the jinn back into the bottle may be true, but these are people who have been engaged in planning and organization for a very long time.

And yes, one should never take a single newspaper's statement as factual, either in that or any other region.

The attacks against Copts, women activists, progressives and others has been well documented and show no sign of abatement. Mursi is being careful, but to think that he is anything less than what he is would be a mistake. One doesn't give up the MB. Read their newspapers, listen to their public statements, and parse the statements from their clerics. Mursi is pulling a version of the Iranian model. Say one thing to the outside another to your own, consolidate political and military control, remove the opposition by whatever means will work, subvert civil freedoms, and finally institute the goal they have been espousing since their founder Sheikh Hasan Ahmed Abdel Rahman Muhammed al Banna حسن أحمد عبد الرحمن محمد البنا. Although it isn't clear whether or not they will fully succeed. There can be little doubt that they will fully make the attempt.

As for picking the wrong allies, none of us have done very well in that regard. Our blindness to the issues of legitimacy and indigenous core issues/complaints and their acceptable resolution severely hamper our effectiveness.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
An Al-Azhar fatwa committee member encouraged violence against the dissidents as a civic and religious duty.

“Resist them; if they fight you, fight back, if they kill you, you are in paradise, if you kill them, there is no blood money,” he said.

Update: Al-Azhar cleric encourages fighting demonstrators, sparks controversy | Egypt Independent

Caught out and facing push back from the opposition and displeasure from Mursi who saw it as a liability in the outside media, they reined the cleric in with the classic explanation. "I didn't say it. And if I did, it was taken out of context."

Al-Azhar sheikh denies reports he advocated killing protesters | Egypt Independent

Its going to be a bumpy ride.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
British policy seems to be based on This Bloke is Nasty Therefore Those Against Him Must Be Good Democratic Liberals. Our FCO seems unable to grasp that both sides are cut from the same cloth and the winners will cut up the losers whichever way it goes - and whoever wins will never, ever, be on the side of modern liberal democracy. So we just trade one gang of anti-Western thugs for another. Hague is as big a deluded fool in respect of the Arab world as all his predecessors. Of course the Arabs will take our money, why not, but the idea that it buys us anything is moonshine.

Hosny Mubarak was a lesser evil. Gadaffi had already made peace with the west.

I tell you, Assad is a lesser evil.

Let me tell you the future.

Assad falls and Wahabi loonies will be in charge in Syria. Success to Saudis.

So from Libya to Syria, you have Saudi backed regimes or at least ideologically inclined regimes. Iran is being hounded but luckily, the entire mass will never be ideologically inclined with Saudis.

Once the entire mid east minus Iran is "Saudi-ised", the fun will start. Saudis will push for more dominance in ME. Israel will then feel the real pressure and Iran will look docile then.