And off we go to the Land of the Rising Sony

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunnoficarus, Apr 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Aww Lawd... don't tell my old man. He'd be spinning in his gr..... hold on he was cremated. No, seriously, my old man loathed anything Japanese after WWII.

This will bring in ££££ for the Exchequer, secure jobs and give us a better presence in the Pacific. I'm all for it... just watch the little monkeys tho'.

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Not sure if USDOD will be too impressed.

3. With our wonderful MOD procurement and contracts people on the case, what are the odds on the resulting equipment being delivered with all the signs, keyboards and manuals in Kanji? ...and sized for midgets too. :roll:

4. Handy when we need to keep the Chinese in their place!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Are British Officers now to be issued Katana's to dispatch PoW's?

6. [​IMG]

Konichiwa, Merlin San

7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

God I liked those, odd as anything, long and floppy in the handling department. But interesting suzukis

8. Giant fighting robots yes
    The snail in a japanese schoolgirl outfit No Hell No !

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have a cunning plan. We arrive with loads of weapons that the Japanese have already paid for, but use them to take the country over and sell it to the Chinese. They then swop it for Taiwan. Result? We get paid, Japan is well armed and independent (in the end) and Taiwan is no longer an issue. Peace in our time.

Coming out of fantasy land for a moment, I take it Japan is looking for allies just in case America goes wobbly. Would the Japanese pay for a carrier group from the UK to cover the submarine? We might as well as for as much as we can get away with.

10. Why not? They currently appreciate our involvement in that area.

11. Excellent piece Sir.

There does indeed seem to be a bit of a longer term effort by the UK to re-engage with an area that was a traditional AOI to us as the 'Anglosphere', for want of a better term focuses its collective minds on China. We are heading for interesting times

• Like Like x 1
  12. Which either contains some deliberate misinformation, or some of Jim's conjecture is a little wide of the mark.

13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Mainly because USDOD have always seen that area as thier balliwick in terms of obtaining contracts for the likes of Boeing and Grumman etc, nothing more.