Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

Those students whe defaced the Kipling poem, have they been arrested for causing criminal damage?

After all, they've been on TV making full and frank admissions of guilt to the offence.

Those students whe defaced the Kipling poem, have they been arrested for causing criminal damage?
Probably not. We tend not to arrest people for doing things that aren't crimes and an organisation's elected officers replacing one artwork with another on that organisation's property isn't a crime.

The Student's Union - whose property it is - have the ultimate decision on whether it is or isn't appropriate behaviour on their property and they seem to have come down on the side of 'is'.

To be honest, I am surprised the mods haven’t sent this thread to the hole or made it disappear completely.

Whether the mods play or not it is time for me to put the silly Widow11 thing on Ignore. At least it will make the thread a little more interesting.

Probably not. We tend not to arrest people for doing things that aren't crimes and an organisation's elected officers replacing one artwork with another on that organisation's property isn't a crime.

The Student's Union - whose property it is - have the ultimate decision on whether it is or isn't appropriate behaviour on their property and they seem to have come down on the side of 'is'.

Ahhhhh. Fair enough. I thought that the poem was up in a public place and was the property of the university. I shall go and slap myself in the face with a Haddock.

Sorry, I assumed you were one of the 'I went through education 30 years ago and know everything' brigade.

My apologies.

Haha no problem.

Can you not tell from my blatant lack of social skills & general knobheadedness I hail from the younger ilk?

After Herrick some go and enjoy life- I on the other hand went back to university like a fool.

Last edited:
Please look up irony in the dictionary.

"...I haven't...set myself up as an arbiter...."
" I have called people racist-based on what I have perceived......"

You are either an embittered person of colour, which I don't believe, or on a wind up.
Either way, your contradictory dribbling is tedious.
I cannot be bothered with you (on this thread) anymore. The last word is yours.

See ya!