Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

No I haven’t. I have accepted that there is a scale of offensiveness.

Sure I’d prefer that people didn’t judge or define people by the colour of their skin, ethnicity, race, sex or sexual orientation or whatever. But people do.

I could cut around work (or could have when I worked anywhere where this could be an issue) and pick people up for tiny things. I don’t think that’s a great use of time and I don’t think it’s realistic. I’m an Army Officer - I’m not a black Army Officer so I would prefer to keep my effort where it’s important.

Some people would cut about talking about micro-aggressions and things like that. That’s not really my scene bro.

You may find this incoherent or frustrating and I accept that. I just call it real life.

We have came to a sort of impasse here, if you are an army officer (and I doubt it) I would never have seen you as an black army officer, I would have seen you by your rank and nothing else but here is where you start to fail. As an officer when you let standards start to slide by not picking up the little things shit rolls down hill and the SNCO's let the slightly bigger slide and then the JNCO's let the big things slide thats when the whole thing starts to go down the shitter and chaos prevails. As for racism you have said thier are acceptable levels of racism and no-one seems to be able to convince you how unfathomable that point of view is so as to quote the dragon's "I'm out" because there is no middle ground to be found in this debate and you cant see that your argument is flawed. P/s google unfathomable and it describes both you and your argument perfectly.

Some of you may remember 'Earth' the Indian with his pathetic and constant posts. We are giving Widow 11 space and time when he should just foxtrot Oscar! This thread is certainly a complete waste of space, just talking about a black fella's hurt feelings and his perception of racism, of which I and 99% people on here could not give a monkey's F....K

Oh look. @overopensights has finished his bottle of mild.

We have came to a sort of impasse here, if you are an army officer (and I doubt it) I would never have seen you as an black army officer, I would have seen you by your rank and nothing else but here is where you start to fail. As an officer when you let standards start to slide by not picking up the little things shit rolls down hill and the SNCO's let the slightly bigger slide and then the JNCO's let the big things slide thats when the whole thing starts to go down the shitter and chaos prevails. As for racism you have said thier are acceptable levels of racism and no-one seems to be able to convince you how unfathomable that point of view is so as to quote the dragon's "I'm out" because there is no middle ground to be found in this debate and you cant see that your argument is flawed. P/s google unfathomable and it describes both you and your argument perfectly.

Except it isn’t flawed. It’s the difference between an internet ‘ex medic’ and real life.

Have a good one fella.

I refer you to my post #30. Page 4. We are now on page 22, and 400 posts later, the general consensus of opinion is still the same, the two main protagonists are wibble merchants of the highest order, may I humbly submit their names for the SPOTY awards for 2018. They have earned it.

Ok Grandad. Thanks for your input.

Why don’t you spin us one about how you sent a signal once in 1976.

a white man, as can any other person, can hold a viewpoint on any form of prejudice. And all are as relevant as each other.

Until political correctness came along and then everyone was equal but some are more equal than others dependant on their race, gender, sexuality, religion etc

a friend of ours has two daughters, one went off to Uni for 3 years, is finding hard to get a decent job and is saddled with debt
the other worked in a fashion store, starting on saturdays then going full time, when she mentioned to her boss that she ws thinking of going to Uni her boss said dont waste your time, stay with us and we will put you through college and provide training
she is now an area manager, has brought lots of new schemes in and is in full time employment with a decent pension and BUPA
I have a similar situation, of my 4 children, 3 have done apprenticeships and 1 is at Uni using ELC to pay for it after 6 years in the mob ( incidentally, doing 3 shifts a week driving HGV1 at 14 quid an hour to keep himself).

He's just a shit flinging chimp.
He’s actually quite a good troll or sock, but I haven’t figured which yet. He doesn’t ramble on with long shîte filled diatribes like the typical sock does, but he does make responses in the same manner as one ex-stab who contributes to arrse daily.....I do give him credit for effort though...

Last edited:
Ok Grandad. Thanks for your input.

Why don’t you spin us one about how you sent a signal once in 1976.

OK. I posted on this thread a while back, whilst it was still dealing with the issue of snowflake students alleging, and whingeing about , Rudyard Kipling's being a racist. I disagreed with that point of view, but accepted that others had a right to agree with it.

I kept quiet as the thread descended into a slanging match.......and recognized points being made by both sides in the argument.

But now, @widow11 makes a comment, in a thread in which he/she argues against racism, which is in itself prejudiced - in fact, blatantly ageist. What the hell is wrong with being "Grandad", or the relevance of someone sending a signal once in 1976?

I sent signals long before 1976, and, indeed, long after that. It does not make my views less valid, and I would hope @widow11 has the decency to recognize that fact.

py6wx.jpg