and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

Today at 12:48 PM
New #90
Dark_Nit said:
[sarcasm mode ON]

Wonderful. Let's continue to re-write the bits of history that we don't like.

I'm going to go back and re-write the bit where the General Gordon is killed at Khartoum so that he survived and became prime minister...

[sarcasm mode OFF]
right if you can get away with that, I am re writing Australian history, I am sending all the criminals to Nigeria instead !!
Bugger it.. if that's the case I'll re write it to where instead of Europe sending "its poor & huddled masses" to America, I'd send them all to sub Saharan Africa, have them do what the septics did to the native Americans, basically wiping them out. And have the United States of Africa become the most prosperous and successful country the world has ever known! :)

right if you can get away with that, I am re writing Australian history, I am sending all the criminals to Nigeria instead !!
So that was YOU !?!?! :eek::? No wonder I'm pestered to death on the Interweb by Nigerian scam artists who be wanting to share with me a vast fortune of a million clams if I would only send them my bank details first. A pox on you, sirrah! :salut:
My Work Pictures 275.gif

Today at 12:48 PM
New #90
Dark_Nit said:
[sarcasm mode ON]

Wonderful. Let's continue to re-write the bits of history that we don't like.

I'm going to go back and re-write the bit where the General Gordon is killed at Khartoum so that he survived and became prime minister...

[sarcasm mode OFF]

Bugger it.. if that's the case I'll re write it to where instead of Europe sending "its poor & huddled masses" to America, I'd send them all to sub Saharan Africa, have them do what the septics did to the native Americans, basically wiping them out. And have the United States of Africa become the most prosperous and successful country the world has ever known! :)
Wakanda forever!

A very wise man that Mr Kipling.

He wrapped himself in quotations - as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors. Rudyard Kipling

Read more at: Rudyard Kipling Quotes - BrainyQuote

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
The Eloi who did this should be charged with criminal damage.

Last edited:
The Eloi who did this should be shared with criminal damage.
They won't be, it is all part of freedom of cultural expression.

I tell you, if the Germans get a bit frisky again and start dusting down the plans for operation sea lion we as a country are right in the muck.
The cream of our youth has gone mouldy. Too bloody touchy-feely and concerned about being offended......
Too worried about re-writeing history to besmirtch the reputations of some of our greatest hero's in order to actually see the bigger picture. An awful lot of the re-writeing is not just misguided but wrong and we all know where that can lead us.

Rant over.

They won't be, it is all part of freedom of cultural expression.

I tell you, if the Germans get a bit frisky again and start dusting down the plans for operation sea lion we as a country are right in the muck.
The cream of our youth has gone mouldy. Too bloody touchy-feely and concerned about being offended......
Too worried about re-writeing history to besmirtch the reputations of some of our greatest hero's in order to actually see the bigger picture. An awful lot of the re-writeing is not just misguided but wrong and we all know where that can lead us.

Rant over.
If Sea Lion is back in print we shall have to revive the 18b, next stop this lot will be Wormwood Scrubs

This lot in Manchester probably don't accept handouts from this ex-colonial nation and don't claim benefits or other freebies. I'm actually surprised they can even bear to live here if they think we are all so bad...but then it's Manchester, an oasis of shite in a green and pleasant land with dark satanic mills. :cool:

Not gods - Englishmen. The next best thing.
Really? We need a ‘snort of derision’ button as The Empire was of course built by Scots, and don’t you forget it :wink:

And before you ask, I love RK. Some of the attitudes on here, serious or no, only give legitimacy to the pricks who painted ‘If’ out in the first place.

George Orwell, who was no defender of Empire or racism and who had at least fought and was wounded for his beliefs wrote an essay on Kipling in 1942.

George Orwell: Rudyard Kipling

It's a long read but I'm sure most thinking students would profit from investing half an hour doing so. As Orwell observes Kipling might be not to the modern taste but his work will endure long after more politically correct authors have passed into obscurity.

For the professional soldier; "Where is the point in hating those whom you're paid to kill?"

The Evening Standard have reported on it, and it looks like the Uni have folded like a melted kitkat.

Bunch of utter w@nkers.
So:

the Uni have folded like a melted kitkat
Is proven by

A spokesman for Manchester Students Union told The Telegraph: "We understand that we made a mistake in our approach to a recent piece of artwork by failing to garner student opinion at the start of a new project. We accept that the result was inappropriate and for that we apologise"
Not sure you're in any position to comment on someone else's reading comprehension skills.

"WHAT are the gammons ranting for? " said Files-on-Parade.
"They’re out of touch, they’re out of touch," the Colour-Sergeant said.
"Why are their views so trite, so trite? " said Files-on-Parade.
"They’re readin’ too much Daily Mail," the Colour-Sergeant said.
For they're shoutin’ at the pigeons, you can hear them down the way
“Those young ‘uns with their diff’rent views, wouldn’t have it in my day”
Why bother finding out the facts when emotions have their sway?
An’ they’ll be ev’ry bit as pointless in the mornin’.

Last edited:
"WHAT are the gammons ranting for? " said Files-on-Parade.
"They’re out of touch, they’re out of touch," the Colour-Sergeant said.
"Why are their views so trite, so trite? " said Files-on-Parade.
"They’re readin’ too much Daily Mail," the Colour-Sergeant said.
For they're shoutin’ at the pigeons, you can hear them down the way
“Those young ‘uns with their diff’rent views, wouldn’t have it in my day”
Why bother finding out the facts when emotions have their sway?
An’ they’ll be ev’ry bit as pointless in the mornin’.
Very poetic, Danny Deevor will be spinning in his grave.