and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
CC 0** Ypres Company. You only enter into Old College - move across to New College after the end of the first term.

Coy Comd was called Morton (I believe) and was Royal Engineers. CSM was called Neil Mc****** and is now an LE Major. He’s done very well and has just finished ICSC. Platoon Commanders were a Gunner who is about to Comd 1RHA, ScotsDG (last name is a vegetable popular in Wales. He commanded a Coy on HERRICK 16) and a SCOTS Officer - I think he’s out.

Any other questions?
Not a bad memory for a batman! very sadly you associate with Ypres where 250,000 good men died to preserve what you try to destroy... FFS Foxtrott Oscar!

He is a troll, maybe media IMHO

It's on a wind up. Keeps throwing a little bit of fuel on the fire.
Probably experiences sexual excitement/gratification from the resulting responses.
A lonely fool.
It's better to talk about it than to it. Imagine the frustration it will feel without anything to respond to directly.

Probably experiences sexual excitement/gratification from the resulting responses.
A lonely fool.
It's better to talk about it than to it. Imagine the frustration it will feel without anything to respond to directly.
Haha. Look at the deflection.

Sorry to upset you.

A lonely fool.
I think your probably correct. Another sad little bullshitter for the ignore pile then, life is too short and there are enough genuinely informative/ amusing posters on this site , to bother wasting time on such.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"What are the alerts arrivin' for?" said Files-on-Parade.
"To make you look, to make you look", the Colour-Sergeant said.
"What makes you look so white, so white?" said Files-on-Parade.
"I'm dreadin' what I've got to read", the Colour-Sergeant said.

Apologies to RK

You sure? Unlike you as it appears I've actually been to Sandhurst
I was there on an attatchment circa 99 and was sure there was a lake and boathouse but kept quiet because I could not remember Any info (the one who's name will not be mentioned) that he came up with could be gleaned from tinterweb or books.
Slightly off piste but the time I was there the Gurka's had a battalion there and I recall eating in thier canteen a lot as thier grub was really good if you like spicy food

You sure? Unlike you as it appears I've actually been to Sandhurst
Fair one I had forgotten about that.

My point stands - if you want to do rowing for sport you go to Eton Dorney. Not to the good side where they held the olympics but the other side on the river.

The old college Adjt ran rowing whilst I was there - a Capt Ch****s F******e Coldstream Guards.

Last edited:
I was there on an attatchment circa 99 and was sure there was a lake and boathouse but kept quiet because I could not remember Any info (the one who's name will not be mentioned) that he came up with could be gleaned from tinterweb or books.
Slightly off piste but the time I was there the Gurka's had a battalion there and I recall eating in thier canteen a lot as thier grub was really good if you like spicy food
Really - you think you can glean the names of the Coy DS from a random Coy in the mid 00s from the internet or a book? Which one?

At the end of the day @overopensights asked me a direct question which I answered immediately and directly. He then wibbled on about batmen which they sadly didn’t have in the 00s.

Turns out people don’t like being proved wrong.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was the Demonstration Company. not a battalion.

Very nice blokes who will let off a smoke grenade to show their position after waiting half an hour for a PQO platoon trying to find them to attack them!

It was the Demonstration Company. not a battalion.

Very nice blokes who will let off a smoke grenade to show their position after waiting half an hour for a PQO platoon trying to find them to attack them!
Better memory than me, but you are absolutley correct that was them. Were you an OC or DS there, was in the med centre there. Only thing I recall about it was a Maltese Sgt worked there and a dragon of a matron who was usless with names and had to be repeatedly corrected.