and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

Officer Walt! Tell us all about your Sandhurst entry, What company, Which college? Name a few of the instructional Staff, your cannot, you bloody liar!
CC 0** Ypres Company. You only enter into Old College - move across to New College after the end of the first term.

Coy Comd was called Morton (I believe) and was Royal Engineers. CSM was called Neil Mc****** and is now an LE Major. He’s done very well and has just finished ICSC. Platoon Commanders were a Gunner who is about to Comd 1RHA, ScotsDG (last name is a vegetable popular in Wales. He commanded a Coy on HERRICK 16) and a SCOTS Officer - I think he’s out.

Any other questions?

Last edited:
Well well well true or not

Mar 20, 2015

widow11 said:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but anyway:

I sat this sunny afternoon and watched a chinook doing a lazy arc across the hampshire Sky with a couple of Apache flying nearby. I was suddenly struck with a sense of loss for operations in Afghanistan. Not so much for the blokes and friends I lost, although I reflected upon them.

Never again will I line up against the ECM measure inside a CP knowing I am about to lead soldiers on ground combat operations. i miss that feeling of anticipation, making ready a weapon full of live ammunition knowing that it might, probably will be fired at another human today.

Never again will I sit on the back of a chinook two minutes from wheels down on a HAF. Never again will I know a group of men like you do when you live and fight in close proximity.

Never again will I recieve a set of orders and walk away like they are the most important thing in the world. Never again will I sit in a ditch and watch and Ugly callsign do a gun in front of me.

Never again will I patrol into the Jungle and be ******* glad that Sterga holds the high ground.

Never again will I think a cold can of coke, passed down from a Stryker doing a route clearance is the best thing I have ever tasted in my life,

Never again will I sit on that flight line at Bastion filling every pocket with fags.

Never again will I do something as cool as this again.

Mar 20, 2015

widow11 said:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but anyway:

I sat this sunny afternoon and watched a chinook doing a lazy arc across the hampshire Sky with a couple of Apache flying nearby. I was suddenly struck with a sense of loss for operations in Afghanistan. Not so much for the blokes and friends I lost, although I reflected upon them.

Never again will I line up against the ECM measure inside a CP knowing I am about to lead soldiers on ground combat operations. i miss that feeling of anticipation, making ready a weapon full of live ammunition knowing that it might, probably will be fired at another human today.

Never again will I sit on the back of a chinook two minutes from wheels down on a HAF. Never again will I know a group of men like you do when you live and fight in close proximity.

Never again will I recieve a set of orders and walk away like they are the most important thing in the world. Never again will I sit in a ditch and watch and Ugly callsign do a gun in front of me.

Never again will I patrol into the Jungle and be ******* glad that Sterga holds the high ground.

Never again will I think a cold can of coke, passed down from a Stryker doing a route clearance is the best thing I have ever tasted in my life,

Never again will I sit on that flight line at Bastion filling every pocket with fags.

Never again will I do something as cool as this again.
Yeah we all get a bit weepy and emotional after tour don’t we?

Viro Bono would have known what to do. Widow's rabid outbursts would have been thinned out
My appologies @Robs dad, I am guilty of a 4 in the morning rant just home from pub that was added after i had bowed out from the thread due to the widdow just not getting it. My appilogies if one of my comments diluted the threads value

Anyone who uses the word 'bro' after their 18th birthday is, by definition, a throbber.

widow, do not EVER try to lecture me on 'wacism', I've lived the bloody stuff for years.
No you have not, Nelson Mandela fixed that. Barrack Obama said so and he knows stuff.
P/ s I said I was leaving the thread but I cannot due to the fact that I would miss sterling posts but I will not respond to @widdow11as I do not think he is real.

My appologies @Robs dad, I am guilty of a 4 in the morning rant just home from pub that was added after i had bowed out from the thread due to the widdow just not getting it. My appilogies if one of my comments diluted the threads value
???
Have you been posting every ten minutes for nearly 72 hours without pause? Are you the one accusing every other arrser of being a racist? (even if you are, my comment was rather unsurprisingly implying that VB would have spanked widow a wee while back). You crack on...

???
Have you been posting every ten minutes for nearly 72 hours without pause? Are you the one accusing every other arrser of being a racist? (even if you are, my comment was rather unsurprisingly implying that VB would have spanked widow a wee while back). You crack on...
Fair do's but posting at 4am back from the pub is not a wise act, not sure how it read for other people.

If you really ARE an officer in the British Army, you should be aware of its Equality and Diversity policy. On your current posts, you are clearly in breach of it in relation to discrimination on grounds of age. Simply saying "Yawn" is an indicator that you are either NOT a British Army Officer, or that you are simply a Grade A prat. Or probably both.

If you really ARE an officer in the British Army, you should be aware of its Equality and Diversity policy. On your current posts, you are clearly in breach of it in relation to discrimination on grounds of age. Simply saying "Yawn" is an indicator that you are either NOT a British Army Officer, or that you are simply a Grade A prat. Or probably both.
He is a troll, maybe media IMHO

And I can see the outrage in them Fijian lads faces when when someone missappropriates them or however you spell that big word.A f**k they would not give Sound lads and a credit to the British Army. No chips on thier shoulders.
You do realize that didn’t make any sense right?

Yaaaaaaaawn.