and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I have accepted that there is a scale of offensiveness.
That might suit you but for many of us something is either offensive or not offensive.

a friend of ours has two daughters, one went off to Uni for 3 years, is finding hard to get a decent job and is saddled with debt
the other worked in a fashion store, starting on saturdays then going full time, when she mentioned to her boss that she ws thinking of going to Uni her boss said dont waste your time, stay with us and we will put you through college and provide training
she is now an area manager, has brought lots of new schemes in and is in full time employment with a decent pension and BUPA
I have a similar situation, of my 4 children, 3 have done apprenticeships and 1 is at Uni using ELC to pay for it after 6 years in the mob ( incidentally, doing 3 shifts a week driving HGV1 at 14 quid an hour to keep himself).

He's just a shit flinging chimp.
He’s actually quite a good troll or sock, but I haven’t figured which yet. He doesn’t ramble on with long shîte filled diatribes like the typical sock does, but he does make responses in the same manner as one ex-stab who contributes to arrse daily.....I do give him credit for effort though...

Last edited:
Ok Grandad. Thanks for your input.

Why don’t you spin us one about how you sent a signal once in 1976.

OK. I posted on this thread a while back, whilst it was still dealing with the issue of snowflake students alleging, and whingeing about , Rudyard Kipling's being a racist. I disagreed with that point of view, but accepted that others had a right to agree with it.

I kept quiet as the thread descended into a slanging match.......and recognized points being made by both sides in the argument.

But now, @widow11 makes a comment, in a thread in which he/she argues against racism, which is in itself prejudiced - in fact, blatantly ageist. What the hell is wrong with being "Grandad", or the relevance of someone sending a signal once in 1976?

I sent signals long before 1976, and, indeed, long after that. It does not make my views less valid, and I would hope @widow11 has the decency to recognize that fact.

OK. I posted on this thread a while back, whilst it was still dealing with the issue of snowflake students alleging, and whingeing about , Rudyard Kipling's being a racist. I disagreed with that point of view, but accepted that others had a right to agree with it.

I kept quiet as the thread descended into a slanging match.......and recognized points being made by both sides in the argument.

But now, @widow11 makes a comment, in a thread in which he/she argues against racism, which is in itself prejudiced - in fact, blatantly ageist. What the hell is wrong with being "Grandad", or the relevance of someone sending a signal once in 1976?

I sent signals long before 1976, and, indeed, long after that. It does not make my views less valid, and I would hope @widow11 has the decency to recognize that fact.
Oooh look. A pigeon

Maybe he failed getting into Sigs and had issues as a child with older men so is bitter with both groups?

That's the stupidest thing I've read all week.

Just because someone's view isn't 'relevant' to you, it doesn't mean it isn't relevant at all, just that you're unwilling to ascribe any relevance to it.

Which is, at best, shortsighted and is typical of today's younger generation.
Fixed.

Drunk again?

No such thing as offensive or not offensive - it’s a nonsense to suggest otherwise.

I’m afraid ‘Gibson’ marks you as both a racist and a coward. I will name you now
I am sorry Winston, did I missapropriate and miss the fact that your turn was next on the list, I am sorry! Did you ever see an appology before

University is no longer designed to challenge a students view of the world, but rather to indoctrinate an ideological viewpoint into the student. Learning, exploring and questioning what we know no longer forms a part of the educational process, instead the student is ‘guided’ which cuts out the necessity for independent thought.

Many University essays are designed in such a way that the student must reach ‘the desired’ conclusion in order to secure the pass mark. Highlighting an alternative viewpoint is highly discouraged if the student wishes to pass.

Just seems a bucket of luke warm water (or piss) would melt this countries young academics.
What is your experience of a modern university? Obviously you wouldn't be projecting your vague stereotypes of lefty academics and "what everyone knows, it stands to reason, a bloke in a pub told me" onto a whole sector of education without any evidence.

I'm sorry but precedent is quite clear on this matter; Only white people can be prejudiced in any manner whatsoever & no matter who or what any comment is aimed at, only "people of color" have the right to decide if any comments made by whitey are offensive to anyone, ever.
Report for your mandatory Guilt Awareness course at the earliest opportunity.