and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

No it isn’t. Why should black people get to decide what is offensive to white people?
That’s the thing. The view of (correct me if I mis characterize you here) a middle aged white man on what is and isn’t racist is not massively relevant.
a white man, as can any other person, can hold a viewpoint on any form of prejudice. And all are as relevant as each other.

Calling fake news fake news is fake news? We're through the looking glass, people
I know the mail does fake news, so do the rest so you can leave off with the faux despair.

Come on now mate - I haven’t tried to set my self up as an arbiter of what is and isn’t racist. I have offered my perspective.

I have called people racist - based on what I have perceived to be racist posts.
The point is you have, you have already decided that the "fast runner" thing was ok but "black cnut" was not so whether you like it or not you have decided there is hierarchy of racism that is acceptable so you have made yourself an arbiter.
Because I dont fill my posts full of big words does not mean that I have not made valid points that you cannot dispute so reply to the straight to the point post and please refrain from using insults if you can.

The point is you have, you have already decided that the "fast runner" thing was ok but "black cnut" was not so whether you like it or not you have decided there is hierarchy of racism that is acceptable so you have made yourself an arbiter.
Because I dont fill my posts full of big words does not mean that I have not made valid points that you cannot dispute so reply to the straight to the point post and please refrain from using insults if you can.
No I haven’t. I have accepted that there is a scale of offensiveness.

Sure I’d prefer that people didn’t judge or define people by the colour of their skin, ethnicity, race, sex or sexual orientation or whatever. But people do.

I could cut around work (or could have when I worked anywhere where this could be an issue) and pick people up for tiny things. I don’t think that’s a great use of time and I don’t think it’s realistic. I’m an Army Officer - I’m not a black Army Officer so I would prefer to keep my effort where it’s important.

Some people would cut about talking about micro-aggressions and things like that. That’s not really my scene bro.

You may find this incoherent or frustrating and I accept that. I just call it real life.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some of you may remember 'Earth' the Indian with his pathetic and constant posts. We are giving Widow 11 space and time when he should just foxtrot Oscar! This thread is certainly a complete waste of space, just talking about a black fella's hurt feelings and his perception of racism, of which I and 99% people on here could not give a monkey's F....K

No I haven’t. I have accepted that there is a scale of offensiveness.

Sure I’d prefer that people didn’t judge or define people by the colour of their skin, ethnicity, race, sex or sexual orientation or whatever. But people do.

I could cut around work (or could have when I worked anywhere where this could be an issue) and pick people up for tiny things. I don’t think that’s a great use of time and I don’t think it’s realistic. I’m an Army Officer - I’m not a black Army Officer so I would prefer to keep my effort where it’s important.

Some people would cut about talking about micro-aggressions and things like that. That’s not really my scene bro.

You may find this incoherent or frustrating and I accept that. I just call it real life.
We have came to a sort of impasse here, if you are an army officer (and I doubt it) I would never have seen you as an black army officer, I would have seen you by your rank and nothing else but here is where you start to fail. As an officer when you let standards start to slide by not picking up the little things shit rolls down hill and the SNCO's let the slightly bigger slide and then the JNCO's let the big things slide thats when the whole thing starts to go down the shitter and chaos prevails. As for racism you have said thier are acceptable levels of racism and no-one seems to be able to convince you how unfathomable that point of view is so as to quote the dragon's "I'm out" because there is no middle ground to be found in this debate and you cant see that your argument is flawed. P/s google unfathomable and it describes both you and your argument perfectly.

Some of you may remember 'Earth' the Indian with his pathetic and constant posts. We are giving Widow 11 space and time when he should just foxtrot Oscar! This thread is certainly a complete waste of space, just talking about a black fella's hurt feelings and his perception of racism, of which I and 99% people on here could not give a monkey's F....K
Oh look. @overopensights has finished his bottle of mild.

We have came to a sort of impasse here, if you are an army officer (and I doubt it) I would never have seen you as an black army officer, I would have seen you by your rank and nothing else but here is where you start to fail. As an officer when you let standards start to slide by not picking up the little things shit rolls down hill and the SNCO's let the slightly bigger slide and then the JNCO's let the big things slide thats when the whole thing starts to go down the shitter and chaos prevails. As for racism you have said thier are acceptable levels of racism and no-one seems to be able to convince you how unfathomable that point of view is so as to quote the dragon's "I'm out" because there is no middle ground to be found in this debate and you cant see that your argument is flawed. P/s google unfathomable and it describes both you and your argument perfectly.
Except it isn’t flawed. It’s the difference between an internet ‘ex medic’ and real life.

Have a good one fella.

I refer you to my post #30. Page 4. We are now on page 22, and 400 posts later, the general consensus of opinion is still the same, the two main protagonists are wibble merchants of the highest order, may I humbly submit their names for the SPOTY awards for 2018. They have earned it.
Ok Grandad. Thanks for your input.

Why don’t you spin us one about how you sent a signal once in 1976.