and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

I would like to know which newspapers are considered factual, they all spin news or deliberately cherry pick or omit as it suits.
They do but not all of them publish half-truths, untruths and blatant falsehoods as fact with the same frequency or with the same lack of remorse.

Just in the last week, we've had two threads sourced from the DM on university-related topics (academics not knowing who Rommel was and university pulling Kipling poster) where the actual events were utterly divorced from those claimed.
Singling out the Daily Hate is a bit fake-newsy really.
Calling fake news fake news is fake news? We're through the looking glass, people.

Brain reader, 78, one of the old blokes who was banged up for the Hatton garden blag, is out and about, due to his age and about to kark it, he's now back on his own manor. He talks about "Basil" The alleged Ring leader of the gang of crustys in his book, "One Last Job" plod referred to him as the Ghost, in truth, nobody seems to know who he was, or is, if at all he ever existed. He is the only bloke they never caught, which I find strange, as they were all rounded up PDQ.

Two films and a TV programme have been made about the raid, so it seems it has struck a chord with the more enlightened members of the entrainment industry, in that no body was hurt, no shooters, no bloodshed, no hostages or violence, just a bunch of old farts, doing what they do best, relieving the rich of their somewhat ill gotton gains. I mention this beacause dozens of deposit box holders declined to tell plod what the contents were. Me being an old east end bloke, I think they done a brilliant job, pulled a blinder. Not condoning thievery in any way, but FFS what a cracking result, not bad for a bunch of old age pensioners. END.

You are talking nonsense - but that’s not a departure from the norm.

Do you really think every joke is equally offensive? Do you really think there is no difference between a race based joke and serious discrimination based on race?

Truthful answer; no.
As a self appointed arbiter of who and what is racist; yes. Glass houses and all that?

Brain reader, 78, one of the old blokes who was banged up for the Hatton garden blag, is out and about, due to his age and about to kark it, he's now back on his own manor. He talks about "Basil" The alleged Ring leader of the gang of crustys in his book, "One Last Job" plod referred to him as the Ghost, in truth, nobody seems to know who he was, or is, if at all he ever existed. He is the only bloke they never caught, which I find strange, as they were all rounded up PDQ.

Two films and a TV programme have been made about the raid, so it seems it has struck a chord with the more enlightened members of the entrainment industry, in that no body was hurt, no shooters, no bloodshed, no hostages or violence, just a bunch of old farts, doing what they do best, relieving the rich of their somewhat ill gotton gains. I mention this beacause dozens of deposit box holders declined to tell plod what the contents were. Me being an old east end bloke, I think they done a brilliant job, pulled a blinder. Not condoning thievery in any way, but FFS what a cracking result, not bad for a bunch of old age pensioners. END.
It's amazing how two swapped letters and a missing capital letter can change things.

Widdow 11 does seem to have a full sense of his own worth and consequently has become very tedious.
I am now going to use the ignore function regarding this poster, the only other poster I have on ignore is bounce banana, an equally tedious character but more due to his inane ramblings than being supercilious.
The uppitty n***er?

Truthful answer; no.
As a self appointed arbiter of who and what is racist; yes. Glass houses and all that?
Come on now mate - I haven’t tried to set my self up as an arbiter of what is and isn’t racist. I have offered my perspective.

I have called people racist - based on what I have perceived to be racist posts.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This what? make sense man, spit it out, tell the room what's on your mind, don't keep it to yourself, I'm sure we all here want to know etc etc blah blah...........
Thats what happens when you have people on ignore! :cool:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I do have several knobs on ignore, but not CR from SA.
You'e not very bright are you? It is the person CR was responding to that you obviously have on ignore thus creating a stupid post. Hey ho, life goes on in the world of Arrse!