and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

You may be from Britain but you are certainly not British, especially in your thinking! You were just lucky to be born here, now relax and appreciate all the gifts that this country bestows; especially the good, which outweighs the bad! .
I disagree
Hes British

Its fair to say he isn't ethnically English - although ultimately his far future descendant's may ( or may not be) depending on future genetic mix but that's a different argument and not one necessarily related to nationality

Sorry for the late reply.

I think we shouldn’t take banter too seriously. If people are joking then they are joking and as long as people aren’t too bothered then it’s fine - it harks back to my point about people deciding what is offensive. If everyone is having fun then fine - if someone is getting abused and then told to ‘lighten up it’s a faaaacking joke’ then that’s less ok.

There is a big difference on here between people making jokes and - as someone said to me a while back - ‘If you dont like it then **** off on a boat’

Sometimes it’s difficult - someone called me a ‘Gibson’ on a post this morning. Is that a joke or was the person too much of a coward to write what they really wanted to say?[/QUOT
The race card, I wonder what that looks like

Just about sums it up, close the thread.

If you can make up your headline while all around are printing facts and looking down on you.
I would like to know which newspapers are considered factual, they all spin news or deliberately cherry pick or omit as it suits. Singling out the Daily Hate is a bit fake-newsy really.

Not gods - Englishmen. The next best thing.
Off topic I know but in the course of some banter with some Polish colleagues, I pointed out that God was English. Now they obviously disputed this so I pointed out that he gave us the channel and put them between Germany and Russia so whatever he is.... it ain't Polish.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
University was the golden ticket to life 30 years ago if you picked a half-way sane degree. These days it’s a ticket to vast debt and as the internet becomes ever more powerful and the students show themselves to be transparent, touchy idiots, it will become a disutility.

Apart from one or two subjects you need accreditation for (medicine, law, engineering, sciences) there will be nothing you can’t learn from the internet (no not arrse) ,

The University of Snowflake is draining to observe.

Apparently applications have dropped 5% this coming year for university.

Many young males have worked out already this is a waste of money. When the girls work it out (if feminists let them) the Universities are in big trouble.

University is no longer designed to challenge a students view of the world, but rather to indoctrinate an ideological viewpoint into the student. Learning, exploring and questioning what we know no longer forms a part of the educational process, instead the student is ‘guided’ which cuts out the necessity for independent thought.

Many University essays are designed in such a way that the student must reach ‘the desired’ conclusion in order to secure the pass mark. Highlighting an alternative viewpoint is highly discouraged if the student wishes to pass.

Just seems a bucket of luke warm water (or piss) would melt this countries young academics.
a friend of ours has two daughters, one went off to Uni for 3 years, is finding hard to get a decent job and is saddled with debt
the other worked in a fashion store, starting on saturdays then going full time, when she mentioned to her boss that she ws thinking of going to Uni her boss said dont waste your time, stay with us and we will put you through college and provide training
she is now an area manager, has brought lots of new schemes in and is in full time employment with a decent pension and BUPA

I would like to know which newspapers are considered factual, they all spin news or deliberately cherry pick or omit as it suits. Singling out the Daily Hate is a bit fake-newsy really.
None of them. The Mail has an agenda the Guardian and Independent have and agenda etc etc.

All of them will knowingly publish lies or dubious analysis if it supports their agenda

University was the golden ticket to life 30 years ago if you picked a half-way sane degree. These days it’s a ticket to vast debt and as the internet becomes ever more powerful and the students show themselves to be transparent, touchy idiots, it will become a disutility.

Apart from one or two subjects you need accreditation for (medicine, law, engineering, sciences) there will be nothing you can’t learn from the internet (no not arrse) ,

The University of Snowflake is draining to observe.

Apparently applications have dropped 5% this coming year for university.

Many young males have worked out already this is a waste of money. When the girls work it out (if feminists let them) the Universities are in big trouble.

University is no longer designed to challenge a students view of the world, but rather to indoctrinate an ideological viewpoint into the student. Learning, exploring and questioning what we know no longer forms a part of the educational process, instead the student is ‘guided’ which cuts out the necessity for independent thought.

Many University essays are designed in such a way that the student must reach ‘the desired’ conclusion in order to secure the pass mark. Highlighting an alternative viewpoint is highly discouraged if the student wishes to pass.

Just seems a bucket of luke warm water (or piss) would melt this countries young academics.
That’s not 100% true and certainly doesn’t apply to all universities

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
a friend of ours has two daughters, one went off to Uni for 3 years, is finding hard to get a decent job and is saddled with debt
the other worked in a fashion store, starting on saturdays then going full time, when she mentioned to her boss that she ws thinking of going to Uni her boss said dont waste your time, stay with us and we will put you through college and provide training
she is now an area manager, has brought lots of new schemes in and is in full time employment with a decent pension and BUPA
The non uni daughter is probably more rounded as a person than the uni one ?

The trouble with uni is the people it turns out are not questioning souls seeking the truth, but extremely close minded individuals who know for a fact they're opinions are always right. That self belief has been drummed into them that they are special and they are the most difficult colleagues to work with.

I have recently found the youtube channel of prayer university (not a real uni). Enjoy.
Easily the best post and video on this thread, Prof Peterson is briefing against post-modernist Chomsky bellendery, and/or binary ideological agitprop nihilists. It's really difficult to recall a time when our Uni's and this intellectual sewage, virtually useless to serious scholars and critical thinkers, were quite as bad and anti-intellectual as they've become lately. Abject cowardice and complicity in government and Education can only make things worse.

The people behind this fraud have been canny, it costs them next to nothing, because the kind of people Prof Peterson is talking about, use public money, state funding and student loans for their agitprop (misuse, appropriation, whatever you call it) that will probably overtake Sovietism as a viral belief system (since classic Marxism is demonstrable cack). And it's a profitable fraud.

Prof Peterson has been warning against seditious postmodernist chatter for a long time. Daniel Dennett, Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University, calls postmodernism "nonsense and a fraud". Take those Manchester students and their union "Officer" as examples: the fake intellectual invites you to conspire in his/her own self-deception, and to join their fantasy world of nonsensical mantras and impostors.

Last edited:
The non uni daughter is probably more rounded as a person than the uni one ?

The trouble with uni is the people it turns out are not questioning souls seeking the truth, but extremely close minded individuals who know for a fact they're opinions are always right. That self belief has been drummed into them that they are special and they are the most difficult colleagues to work with.
I left school in the 80's,university was something for clever people. I didn't go to one.
Over the last few years I have worked with students and graduates who are thick as mince.
What went wrong?

Hatton Garden ? Basil ?
Brian Reader, 78, one of the old blokes who was banged up for the Hatton garden blag, is out and about, due to his age and about to kark it, he's now back on his own manor. He talks about "Basil" The alleged Ring leader of the gang of crustys in his book, "One Last Job" plod referred to him as the Ghost, in truth, nobody seems to know who he was, or is, if at all he ever existed. He is the only bloke they never caught, which I find strange, as they were all rounded up PDQ.

Two films and a TV programme have been made about the raid, so it seems it has struck a chord with the more enlightened members of the entrainment industry, in that no body was hurt, no shooters, no bloodshed, no hostages or violence, just a bunch of old farts, doing what they do best, relieving the rich of their somewhat ill gotton gains. I mention this beacause dozens of deposit box holders declined to tell plod what the contents were. Me being an old east end bloke, I think they done a brilliant job, pulled a blinder. Not condoning thievery in any way, but FFS what a cracking result, not bad for a bunch of old age pensioners. END.

Last edited:
Easily the best post and video on this thread, Prof Peterson is briefing against post-modernist Chomsky bellendery, and/or binary ideological agitprop nihilists. It's really difficult to recall a time when our Uni's and this intellectual sewage, virtually useless to serious scholars and critical thinkers, were quite as bad and anti-intellectual as they've become lately. Abject cowardice and complicity in government and Education can only make things worse.

The people behind this fraud have been canny, it costs them next to nothing, because the kind of people Prof Peterson is talking about, use public money, state funding and student loans for their agitprop (misuse, appropriation, whatever you call it) that will probably overtake Sovietism as a viral belief system (since classic Marxism is demonstrable cack). And it's a profitable fraud.

Prof Peterson has been warning against seditious postmodernist chatter for a long time. Daniel Dennett, Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University, calls postmodernism "nonsense and a fraud". Take this thread as an example: the fake intellectual invites you to conspire in his/her own self-deception, and to join their fantasy world of nonsensical mantras and impostors.
That reads like an undergraduate essay - full of misused buzzwords.

Are you sure you haven’t been to university?

Well maybe - but you would be there all day. At what level does banter become racist?

A light hearted ‘You run and get that - you are bound to be the fastest runner’ is different from ‘go and get that you black ****’

If I felt someone was discriminating against someone because of their colour - I would and have stepped in. Most officers would.
Different but from an outsider's point of view, not necessarily worse or even racist.

I've listened to John Barnes, the ex-footballer talk about racism a couple of times. Can't remember what he had to say but he sees it differently from many and seems to have a different from usual definition of it.

That’s the thing. The view of (correct me if I mis characterize you here) a middle aged white man on what is and isn’t racist is not massively relevant.
I disagree. If a middle-class, middle-aged white man can get in the shit for it, it is very relevant to him- and obviously others- what racism is.