and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

I believe you will find falsely accusing others of being racist to gain advantage, which is the basis of your argument, is playing the race card. Do get it right.
Makes me wonder if you are an (alleged) officer by ability or positive discrimination? Perhaps that's your problem; knowing you are where you are by other means than your personal skills(?)
Does anyone who questions your abilities get labelled racist?
No - I have called people who are clearly racist, racist.

Do try and improve your comprehension skills.

Who has made this allegation against me? Or is your English suffering again?

Nice trolling sweet pea.

TBH there is a good chance I could go into a spin like a whirling derbish and go off piste if I tried to be more thorough with my summation, said bye bye to the bell end as I was going to watch TV and then do grown up stuff with her indoors and found that he either has went commatose again or he is dead. The later being my choice RIP @widow11
Well done! That is nearly Year 7 level writing ability :clap:

I just wonder how Widow 11 can do his job with such a burden to carry, he has certainly taken up the mythical 'Blackman's Burden' I would love a quick look at his confidential report, I'll bet his seniors love him and his 'Chip', and that the soldiers only tolerate him. If he came from a good line unit he wouldn't have time to even consider himself, but just to get on with the job. It's apparent that he comes from some sort of 'fish and chip' mob? We had a few 'overseas' lads in our battalion, on or off operations they were sound men indeed, and quite unforgettable,
Ok Grandad - I’ll bear your thoughts in mind. I’m not from overseas by the way. I’m from Britain.

By the way who is Mr Blackman and why am I carrying his burden? Did he drop off the back of a tab? Couldn’t handle the weight?

No.
You have called people who you perceive to be racist, racists. Based on your interpretation of their posts here.

Being a resident of the Rainbow Nation, I encounter 'real' racism on a daily basis (which makes me a bit knowledgeable on the subject.)
As in 'I hate everybody who is NOT white/Coloured/African' racism.
Unfortunately, even after 24 years of democracy, there're still far far too many of them.
Anybody of a certain mindset can find 'evidence' of 'racism' if they look deep enough.
The phrase 'unconscious racism' has been bandied about recently - re the Grenfell fires, where some mutt accused the Fire Services of it!
Real race-hate - be it BLF, AWB, EDL etc - is horse of a different hue altogether.

Ok Grandad - I’ll bear your thoughts in mind. I’m not from overseas by the way. I’m from Britain.

By the way who is Mr Blackman and why am I carrying his burden? Did he drop off the back of a tab? Couldn’t handle the weight?
Here you go - Happy to help

2011 Helmand Province incident - Wikipedia

If the burden is a load of undeveloped film / DVDs / Flash cards I would just burn it if I was you - he wont be needing it for a while

My daughter went back to uni in later life to take her teaching degree ( all funded by her hard work) she was indoctrinated with some sort of blame the whiteys for everything culture
it seemed the senior people there inflicted their narrow minded beliefs on everybody
I gave up trying to argue ( my family is mixed race)
I have also worked in a Uni and found some of the senior teaching staff taxing and hard to deal with, they gain immense power and strut around like rock stars and expect every body to cow-to to them and think that mere working men like myself have no knowledge or skill, I had to tell one to FRO when he decided to critisice my workmanship
he didnt like that, especially when I gave him a core drill and said see you later

More or less the same scenario at Brum uni, using a Hilti with a 25mm bit on hammer, on a wall, in walks a upper middle aged dumpy harridian , tweed skirt, sensible shoes, the whole 9 yards, and without intro or pleasantry's, procedes to bollock me for disturbing her students 3 floors up, shouting and ranting, I let her finish, climb down, hand her the BFO drill and invite her to finish the job, she walks out, I find an exposed RSJ, and you guessed it, give it some welly for about 5 seconds, the noise was deafening She never returned, and we were subsequently stoped for the rest of the morning.

Why are these “students” not kicked off course?
I suspect because many of the tutors and academics are of the same view and encourage this sort of behaviour?
Many of them are in permanent ‘Wolfie Smith’ mode and never grow up!

I suspect because many of the tutors and academics are of the same view and encourage this sort of behaviour?
Many of them are in permanent ‘Wolfie Smith’ mode and never grow up!
Could it be something to do with the law of unintended consequences? One reason that the tail could be said to be wagging the dog is that (in England, at least) with the imposition of substantial tuition fees, students are now in a stronger position to say, "We're paying for all this. We'll make the rules, thank you very much".

I have an idea that the kind who get involved in right-on activism will be the very people who will never reach the threshold that will require them to pay off their student loans.

I have an ideat that the kind who get involved in right-on activism will be the very people who will never reach the threshold that will require them to pay off their student loans.
Very much so.

No.
You have called people who you perceive to be racist, racists. Based on your interpretation of their posts here.

Being a resident of the Rainbow Nation, I encounter 'real' racism on a daily basis (which makes me a bit knowledgeable on the subject.)
As in 'I hate everybody who is NOT white/Coloured/African' racism.
Unfortunately, even after 24 years of democracy, there're still far far too many of them.
Anybody of a certain mindset can find 'evidence' of 'racism' if they look deep enough.
The phrase 'unconscious racism' has been bandied about recently - re the Grenfell fires, where some mutt accused the Fire Services of it!
Real race-hate - be it BLF, AWB, EDL etc - is horse of a different hue altogether.
You make some good points - and there is definitely a sliding scale of racism as I alluded to when asked about my approach to it in the Army.

Could it be something to do with the law of unintended consequences? One reason that the tail could be said to be wagging the dog is that (in England, at least) with the imposition of substantial tuition fees, students are now in a stronger position to say, "We're paying for all this. We'll make the rules, thank you very much".

I have an idea that the kind who get involved in right-on activism will be the very people who will never reach the threshold that will require them to pay off their student loans.
Exactly this - universities are businesses and students are the clients.

If the clients don’t like your poetry you change it.

As always there will be a loud vocal minority who impose their wishes on everyone else - and aren’t representative of the student body as a whole.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it was a terrible idea when so many excellent colleges became universities
all of a sudden the entire structure and ethos changed, and for a friend of mine who taught in one, he found the change so bad he promptly left and started his own small business

You make some good points - and there is definitely a sliding scale of racism as I alluded to when asked about my approach to it in the Army.
On that note though how do you define whats banter whats racist and what sounds racist but is intended as nothing of the sort - replace racist with offensive in a broader context

Used to work with a guy with very pale skin - so we called him Casper
If said chap was an all dark skinned team and that nick name adopted - is that an acceptable joke or an insult based on his skin colour. From where I stand it could be either and intent must be considered when reviewing such things . ( You can reverse this to an exceptionally dark skinned chap being nick named midnight etc)
Then of course nick names and banter take the form of distinguishing features - I was tall very thing and have a big nose thus the guys told all the Arabs my name was Schindler and I was Israeli* .

Jarrod is the Butt** of jokes regarding his preferences - at what point is it homophobia - humour or humour resulting from casual / latent homophobia who gets to decide - because we now have the situation that someone can take offense on the victims behalf and so can decide that you should have been offended.
Again context, relationship and indeed environment make a big difference.

*I didnt know this until the RSPs and Lebanon kicked off and I wondered why certain people were being cagey with me.

**snigger

I think it was a terrible idea when so many excellent colleges became
It left a huge gap in the provision of vocational training and imposed an academic form of teaching on subjects that were not necessarily best suited to it.

That's what you get when ideologues are in charge.

Last edited:

Do try and improve your comprehension skills.

Who has made this allegation against me? Or is your English suffering again?

Nice trolling sweet pea.

You have called people racist who, in your opinion, are racist. Big difference.
My comprehension skills are more than adequate thank you. It would appear your limited understanding of the mother tongue does you no favours.
If you read back, or get someone to do it for you. You will find a numbers of references to your apparent (alleged) rank.