and now Kipling gets the Rhodes treatment.

See my answer to overopensights.

Can you not see why there might be an issue with a middle aged white man deciding what a young black man should find offensive or not?
At no point did I tell you what you could find offensive, What I put forward was my interpretation - you didn't agree -
News flash just because I disagree with your interpretation doesn't mean im telling you what you can be offended at - merely offering another perspective - its a discussion forum after all.

Your interpretation is yours I disagree that doesn't make yours right or mine right you also then went onto to pretty much brand anyone disagreeing with you racist.
I challenged that after which you pretty much said oy whitey only black opinions matter

I personally feel that regardless of colour creed and gender you should be able to have a valid input on whats offensive - I also believe offence is a subjective matter so no one can be told what is and isn't offensive at the same time just because I find something offensive doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to say it (Ethnic / other slurs aside).

Discussion of whether somethings truly offensive or intended to harm isn't the same as telling an individual what they can and cant be offended it - Its how a reasonable society sets the standard between offensive unpleasant behaviour and something you just dont like. The shrill cry of "you are telling me what I can be offended at" it is simply a weapon used to stifle debate by branding any one not in agreement the applicable ist or phobic.
But as with all your ilk* you expect every one to conform to your ideology

You want white people to stamp out racism - but at the same time tell them they cant identify it

Make your ******* mind up you sanctimonious Prick either My opinions are valid so I should challenge it or ive no idea what it is and my opinion is irrelevant in which case I shouldn't speak out because I dont know if my opinion is correct

Edit *Ideology not colour lest that remark be misinterpreted (and in fairness it would be easy to do so given the subject at hand)

Last edited:
Broadly yes.

If you want to have a sensible discussion about it. It’s about perception.

If you call me a ‘n***er’ that might not feel at all offensive to you. After all black Americans often refer to each other as ‘niggas’. However it is overtly racist.

The same goes the other way - this isn’t a one way street.
If I call a white person a wigger am I racist?

Where have I become hysterical.

I’ve just pointed out racists are racists.

Good news is that they are losing everyday.
Then the battle has already been won and you have absolutely no need to tsunami this thread with your accusatory posts. I can't help feeling that for a 'serving officer' you seem to have an awful lot of spare time on your hands.

If I call a white person a wigger am I racist?
I would say no - after all you are mocking some feckwit who is trying to be black as a fashion statement*

I would also say the entomology of the word concerns me - im not sure its acceptable - Widow11 is better ( Genuine opinion not piss taking) placed to say If Wigger does also imply (to black folk hearing it) the user has a negative opinion of them as well.

*When you need some born and inbred** englishmans Jamaican girlfriend to translate all the gangster bollox hes coming out with into a coherent sentence mocking is the least he deserves

**Bristolian

Broadly yes.

If you want to have a sensible discussion about it. It’s about perception.

If you call me a ‘n***er’ that might not feel at all offensive to you. After all black Americans often refer to each other as ‘niggas’. However it is overtly racist.

The same goes the other way - this isn’t a one way street.
That's the stupidest thing I've read all week.

Just because someone's view isn't 'relevant' to you, it doesn't mean it isn't relevant at all, just that you're unwilling to ascribe any relevance to it.

Which is, at best, shortsighted.

So if some bloke calls me 'Mlungu' or 'gammon' or 'honky', can I kick him hard in the testicles?
Now that is quite the conundrum when you look at it from certain perspectives. It would depend on who calls you honky. If it is another honky, by today’s social standards, it would have to be acceptable. If you are called honky by a non honky, then it should be racist. So in other words, George Jefferson was a racist.....

Now that is quite the conundrum when you look at it from certain perspectives. It would depend on who calls you honky. If it is another honky, by today’s social standards, it would have to be acceptable. If you are called honky by a non honky, then it should be racist. So in other words, George Jefferson was a racist.....
'You white cnut' leaves very little to the imagination, though.