And just how was the Universe created then....

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by Signallers, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Not every Arrse member is a Rocket Scientist, but anyone got their own Theory to the Universe's creation?

I mean were probably never going to ******* find out anyway.
  2. Ya got me mate.
  3. It, and therefore everything came from nothing. Probably a quantum level vacuum fluctuation. Hard concept, but seems to fit the observations
  4. Everyone knows God did it all and on the seventh day he rested - theres a book about about it
    • Like Like x 4
  5. It's not where it came from that's the cool bit. Everybody knows that it came from an anomaly. It's where it's going that's interesting. All the maths says it's going to disappear up its own arrse because there is a dimension that no-one can see.

Sort of like if you made a ripple go round the world. It would look 2d to you, but we all know it's not and it will meet up in the middle again on the other side.

Then there will be nothing at all. No space, no time. **** all. And because there is no data, we'll never have been here.

Happy days.
  6. One current theory is as the universe expands, and continues to expand, there will come a false vacuum event and the whole thing will start again!
  7. It was the "Big Bang" that started it!

That mean's that "that Rifle" was involved somehow!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Underground Lizards worshiping Bisexual Landsquids.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Where did the anomaly come from?
  10. A shop in Milwaukee, apparantly.

Anomaly Design Shop
  11. So it wasn't built by Sappers then?
  12. All this dark matter that we can't find; is it god?
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It wasn't me Guv, it was all there before I came along.
  14. And on that seventh day, while God wasn't paying attention, an antedeluvian squaddy saw it, and ,finding that it was "shiny", "acquired" it......
    • Like Like x 1
  15. A cosmic SLR, you say?

The silly thing is that because the physics breaks down at the moment of the big bang, it could just as easily be that as anything else.

I love this shit, it's fascinating. I was watching a thing about numbers recently. The biggest number in the world is called Graham's number, so the researcher went and found Graham. Graham didn't have a ******* clue what the number actually WAS - it's so big it would fill the entire universe if he wrote it down, but he did know it ended with a 7 if that's any use?

The representation of Graham’s number is: G=f64(4), where f(n)=3↑^n3. The best way to look at this is in layers. The first layer is 3↑↑↑↑3, which is already a number too massive to represent in most other forms. The next layer has that many arrows between 3s. Then take that answer and put that many arrows into the next layer between 3s, and this goes on for 64 layers. If you’re interested the last ten digits of Grahams Number are 2464195387, no one, not even Graham himself knows what the first digit is.