And In Other News

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The stock market has taken a tumble on rumours that France, like the USA, will lose it's AAA credit rating over its deficit.

Standard & Poor, the other Ratings Agencies and the French Govt have all said that this isn't going to happen any time soon.

It would appear that those wonderful people who got us into this mess in 2008, are at it again (and making small fortunes for themselves out of others misery).

2. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

"Taking away ze trois Michelins pour notre credit?

Pas de possible, mon petit banker de Credit ********."

Or so the letter from Lagarde's successor might read...

3. Sorry how does this relate to rioting? This is the All Riot rumour service is it not? Bloody seems like it the last couple of days.
    Posting anything not riot focused will never catch on you know.
    Brave of you to try.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well, you never know, the Frogs might kick off on the back of this and we'd get to see the professionals of the CRS in action (again).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe France should have gone to 'credit expert'.

Mind you when I saw the ad on TV I spotted a chink in their armour...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Must admit the news has been swamped with the "R" word so I hadn't heard that France is at risk of losing its triple A credit rating. I found it faintly amusing to hear Barak Obama trying to reclaim back America's triple A. He did not sound convincing and the markets over there are certainly taking a nose dive.

7. C to F if the fFrench get a credit rating reduction. It might force property prices down in fFrance even more. There are some stunning properties going cheap over there right now. So anyone who wants to get away from riots and scum, which seem all pervading (the scum that is, although the riots seem to be spreading too), each time I visit UK, have a look at fFrance. You can buy a farmhouse with a couple of acres and a decent barn in a nice area over there for the price of a two bedroom flat in UK.

8. Aye,pity about the native population though.

9. Well look at it this way, if enough of us buy property over there it is only repatriating what was originally ours by right of conquest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Isn't this history repeating itself? Didn't the rich Romano British immigrate to Brittany in order to escape the chaos of post empire Britain?

11. Just been looking and found a 4 bed house with 3 acres for 107,300 Euros or £94, 620

12. Is the cost of living better or worse than the UK?