And He is the clever one in the family....

Dusty, etc, ad nauseum

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I wonder if his family would still be 'keeping his memory alive' if he'd ran over a kid in his drunken demeanour and ruined another family's lives?

The idiot.

First class Darwin candidate.

Vauxhall Corsa doing 105 mph? I hate to admit it publicly, but I have driven Opel Corsas on the Autobahn, they could not achieve that speed; or was this the all singing, dancing etc GTI+ version?
At any rate at least he did not wreck a decent car.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it was an experiment to see when an irresistible force met an immovable object. The railings did a good impression of an immovable object, but his car failed the 'irresistible force' test...

Wordsmith

G

goatrutar

Natural selection strikes again. I assume there will be flowers and Teddy bears plastered all over the tree?

What a plonker. Hard to have any sympathy for someone who drives over 100mph while over 2x the legal limit. Still it is nice to see that the family are fund raising for the local A&E etc.

First class Darwin candidate.

Vauxhall Corsa doing 105 mph? I hate to admit it publicly, but I have driven Opel Corsas on the Autobahn, they could not achieve that speed; or was this the all singing, dancing etc GTI+ version?
At any rate at least he did not wreck a decent car.
Managed to get 110 mph, out of the old dear's Fiesta 1.25, so it is possible.

"Since his death, Billy’s sister Vanessa has motivated family and friends to work tirelessly to raise funds in his memory.

Last year they donated £18,400 to the accident and emergency department at the Royal Oldham Hospital, the biggest single donation by one family. They plan a Failsworth fundraiser in the summer.

Dozens of runners are also preparing to complete this year’s Manchester 10k in his honour."

Whilst raising money for charity is laudable etc etc, perhaps they should point out that the person they are "honouring" was driving without due care and attention, while drunk, and probably breaking several other motoring laws as well (keep all the wheels in contact with the road should be one of them)....

Not so much a tragic accident as a case of an accident waiting to happen. Fortunately he didn't inflict his stupidity on anyone else.

If this sounds a bit harsh, it's because I find it hard to feel any sympathy for teenage morons who off themselves through their own stupidity.

Rodney2q

Latest Threads