And finally the Mafia they ain't .... you couldn't write this as fiction enjoy

For sure you couldn't invent a story like that!

I think that the reputation of the magnificent Kent Police is such that the county's criminals are unable to function properly through sheer nervousness.

My pie of choice is a huntsman's pie from David John Butcher's in the Covered Market, Oxford.

Hot pork pies are a disgusting, gristle-packed northern abortion, as bad as Scotch mutton pies or London pie, mash and liquor. Nothing beats a genuine Melton Mowbray pork pie, hand raised, at room temperature; replete with proper jelly (no gelatine muck) and served with a good piccalilli, freshly made English mustard or traditional chunky Branston and accompanied by a pint of Everards or my own 9.7% abv home brew session bitter

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hot pork pies are a disgusting, gristle-packed northern abortion, as bad as Scotch mutton pies or London pie, mash and liquor. Nothing beats a genuine Melton Mowbray pork pie, hand raised, at room temperature; replete with proper jelly (no gelatine muck) and served with a good piccalilli, freshly made English mustard or traditional chunky Branston and accompanied by a pint of Everards or my own 9.7% abv home brew session bitter
Nothing's special about Melton Mowbray pies, they're so good they sell them in supermarkets. Pork pies really can't last for a week unless they're full of chemicals.

Nothing's special about Melton Mowbray pies, they're so good they sell them in supermarkets. Pork pies really can't last for a week unless they're full of chemicals.
I make my own. The secret is a spoonful of anchovy essence and to dice not mince the pork. Jelly made out of pigs trotters and bones from the pork shoulder or spare ribs. I say again, don't mince (sorry Jarrod) or use bacon unless you demand the salmon pink saltpetre filled sludge that passes for pork pie filling 'oop north

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I make my own. The secret is a spoonful of anchovy essence and to dice not mince the pork. Jelly made out of pigs trotters and bones from the pork shoulder or spare ribs. I say again, don't mince (sorry Jarrod) or use bacon unless you demand the salmon pink saltpetre filled sludge that passes for pork pie filling 'oop north
I'd happily eat home made ones or ones from a decent butcher. Please though Melton Mowbray pies in the shops, the pastry is almost pure Lard.
Most pork pies are very poor unless from a reliable source.