And another thing! ........

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Stained_Eligius, Feb 15, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It really winds me up when yet another WO1 pad takes advantage of this over 39 package and turns up at my  mess pulling rank to get himself a nice big room.  All livers-in are equal, but are some more equal than others....?  

2. You are right. There should be no rank in the mess. But doesn't a big badge have something? If I ever get there, I'd like to think so. ???

3. I think that the WOI in question should have considerd the reaction of the mess. In some messes rooms are at a premium. Find him a room on the nights of functions, fine, but not as a perminant thing.

4. Yes, he should consider the thoughts of the 'proper' livers-in especially as he's not even paying the full rates!  Bloo*y sponger!  Who thought that one up!  

5. Personally, I think that if a WO1 needs somewhere to sleep short or long term, then he should be put up in a hotel and payment of the bill should come from Mess Funds.

6. Only joking! Seriously I think that proper singlies, should have the best rooms (In Rank order or length of posting another argument!). The Married Unaccompanieds, should take what they are given, regardless of rank.

7. What a very familiar story.... Man with big badge thinks he should receive special treatment within the confines of the Sgt's Mess... And people wonder why the mess's are no longer used to their full potential.

It brings me nicely on to a subject I would like to open shortly Messes and their use in the modern Army.

Good to see you again to Stained :D

8. Not that long ago the badge in our unit got commissioned.  He had a dining-out, a commissioning dinner, and a WOs' lunch.  What's the betting he didn't pay a penny for any of them?

9. I nearly thought that you lived near HF baggy, but you forgot about the Ladies Dinner Night too if you do! Sounds awfully familiar!
    Also know of another big badge (Almost feel embarassed to be one), who had a Cpls Mess pay an extra DM10 on each members mess bill one month to buy him a Tag watch!! Unfortunately they asked him what he wanted as a farewell pressie and that is what the greedy TW AT asked for. Mind you, apparently most of them said it was a small price to pay to get rid!

10. Yep Tara you're right.  HF it is.  I also have a nice badge and have dedicated myself to never falling into the RD mindset, which is actually fairly easy as I can do the Sun crossword in less than 2 hours.

Interestingly though, I hear the latest plan is to get 2 of our WO1s, who are both being commissioned, to have a joint dinner night.  Not a bad plan on the face of it, except their commissioning dates are 2 1/2 months apart.  Maybe  if they did more marching about and didn't have any professional qualifications, they'd get a dinner each.

See you at a dinner night soon.

11. greenbaggyskin

You can't do the Sun crossword in 2 hrs
    you don't buy it
    I know you cant do the Mail ;) ;)

Some of us wish to stay in trade, RD is sometimes the
    only step up !!!!!    :(

2 of you together..... with all your friends you may 1/2 fill the mess   only kidding

See you there pal mines Boddies  ::) ::)

12. MANC RED
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    you need more than a step up mate, how about a step ladder up.

am I referring to your career or am I talking about the fact that you are knee high to a grass hopper and buy your uniform from the kiddies section in silvermans.

keep your RD's, I would rather stay in a trade which tests my mind to the rank of WO1 and beyond.

greenbaggyskin, do you still dine out on my story?????

BOOTS AND HAIRCUTS - RIVETING STUFF!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

13. Stained Underpants......it's actually the 'over 37' package and if I was your RSM, I'd take your room and make you sleep in a tent. All livers in are not equal. The fact that your RSM is a pad makes it all the more satisfying that you get wound up about it. To add to your woes.......do you know that he doesn't pay for his room? and that he pays less than you for food?

14. I bet when you were a singly cpl you had a single bunk.. dont want to share with the toms coz i have rank!! ring any bells? :D