Anbody know this ties origins

I recently found at the back of my cupboard a tie. It's years old and cant remember where I got it from. It's dark blue with little pink elephants on it!!.

Anybody know where its from, Im braced for all the jokes and pi** takes im going to get!!!

Maybe it's some masonic grand poo-bar tie!!

india-juliet said:
I recently found at the back of my cupboard a tie. It's years old and cant remember where I got it from. It's dark blue with little pink elephants on it!!.

Anybody know where its from, Im braced for all the jokes and pi** takes im going to get!!!

It’s the old Male Chauvinist Pig Tie. Haven't seen one for years! :mrgreen:

Rumrunner said:
india-juliet said:

Many thanks. Do you know who they were produced for or produced by??? And dont say male chauvinist pigs!! lol

Grand order of the male chauvinist pigs!

Only awarded to right porkers!

india-juliet said:
Rumrunner said:
india-juliet said:

Many thanks. Do you know who they were produced for or produced by??? And dont say male chauvinist pigs!! lol
I think they were just on general sale. Those were the days, no fecking PC shoit then…lol. :lol:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have one in my tie collection. Worn it once at work, had to spend a lot of time explaining that Chauvan was Napoleon's valet! Don't really know where the connection with MCP (proud member that I am) and Napoleon's butler comes in.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
[quote=" Those were the days, no fecking PC shoit then…lol. :lol:[/quote]

I think that there was, which was the rationale for having the tie.

Auld-Yin said:
[quote=" Those were the days, no fecking PC shoit then…lol. :lol:
I think that there was, which was the rationale for having the tie.[/quote]

You are obviously right. I don’t think it was taken so seriously though. Could be wrong, could be an age thing! Every thing seems to look better through ‘age tinted glasses’. :wink: