• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anaphylactic shock

I wonder if anyone can help. My nephew applied for the Royal Marines and just before his PRMC he had an anaphylactic reaction. He was in hospital for a couple of days and informed the CIO of this. He was ruled unfit to join for 4 years. He has not had another reaction since then (5 years ago) would he be eligible to apply to join the Army?

Got this sorted in Health and Fitness thread. If you look in there and tell me wether you agree or disagree that would be great.

NAP6W - Correct me if I am wrong but did you not say that you were part of a Medical Regiment and that the Medics need to sort out their "soldier skills"........................Pot, Kettle matey, seems to me that you need to sort out your Medic skills, by the way, would that be a TA Regiment you are part of???? Not that it matters but it would explain that "my CO is an ex Infanteer rubbish"???? You are boring and need to move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temple - As they are Medics they have all fu*ked off at lunchtime yesterday. Plus I am not and never will be a Medic. However if you fancy some - come and have a go.......if you think you are hard enough.

And also - don't join on the same day and make your post aggressive - just either use your normal user name and be a big boy or shut up and p*ss off.

Tempting - but not really very practical, you should expect that whilst the RAMC may not be all you want it to be there is also a huge gap in RLC capability, but I will leave it to the small minded to slag them off. As previously stated, if you do not like what the Medical Corps does.............speak to MCM and move???????????????

Again - I am taken out of context. I am not having a go - I genuinely wish to make a difference. I fully intend to give this job 100% and if and when I feel I cannot do anymore or my efforts are no longer appreciated, I will move on. I don't wish to start a war of words with you or anyone.

Good to hear matey, if you are able to give the Medics a go you will find that there are some exceptional people out there. Look closely at all ranks and don't forget that some (including JNCOs) have been recently decorated on Operations - in my experience you need to watch the quiet ones and check Defence Intranet for some real diversity in the RAMC during 2005

Temple - I know this and fully understand. If you read my previous posts on the subject you will realise that I am truly interested in helping out. I hope that some of the good guys will assist. I also know that many of the higher-ranking members are great guys but need some skill transference from other Corps. I am also about to spend Exped time with a great deal of them early next year, and hope to canvass many on the subject. I will then be more informed and able to contribute.

NAP6W, Try not to make this a one man crusade, many have tried before and failed and in your case as a releative outsider giving advice to regular soldiers who have spent the past 5-10 years on Ops as Medics (our trade at the end of it), you may well come off second best. What we want from attached arms is their professional knowledge based around their own CEG.

Secondly, do not assume that the arrival of people from outside "skill transference" is any kind of solution. The Corps is looking for people who embrace In Arduis Fidelis and then compliment their desire to be outstanding medics with the experience gained from their own C, CS and CSS background. We are not looking for infanteers etc, just people who want to be in the caring profession and do so in a professional manner.

Latest Threads