• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Analysis of a fight

watched this a few times, it's quite interesting, it covers a standard battlefield type action, two groups arranged and head on, very medieval.

Nancy and Feyenoord ultras batter each other in savage mass bare knuckle brawl

It also covers a lot of the theories/cliches of fighting, fights don't last long, some people don't really get involved, you have a couple of really well functioning natural fighters, once punched in the head a lot of blokes lose the will to crack on. It's always the little sneaky ones sucker punching. Once the opposition are on the run suddenly everyone joins in again. Some fighters are more dangerous on the retreat. Numbers count ultimately and the French turn up with Everyman and their dog

I can'5 see the outrage, two groups meet, out the way for a straightener, no obvious weapons. Generally quite fair (once down you only get a couple of digs/kicks)

All in all a reasonable show

I take it there are some kind of agreed rules? It appears that as soon as they're on the floor & cover their head, that they're left alone?

I like this one best so far, the one's wearing Nederlands Politie uniforms clearly outclassing the opposition although they didn't get the "no weapons" memo and came with dogs and sticks.

Some military police in there too

watched this a few times, it's quite interesting, it covers a standard battlefield type action, two groups arranged and head on, very medieval.

Nancy and Feyenoord ultras batter each other in savage mass bare knuckle brawl

It also covers a lot of the theories/cliches of fighting, fights don't last long, some people don't really get involved, you have a couple of really well functioning natural fighters, once punched in the head a lot of blokes lose the will to crack on. It's always the little sneaky ones sucker punching. Once the opposition are on the run suddenly everyone joins in again. Some fighters are more dangerous on the retreat. Numbers count ultimately and the French turn up with Everyman and their dog

I can'5 see the outrage, two groups meet, out the way for a straightener, no obvious weapons. Generally quite fair (once down you only get a couple of digs/kicks)

All in all a reasonable show
Also it seems that the side that charges in has an advantage.

I like this one best so far, the one's wearing Nederlands Politie uniforms clearly outclassing the opposition although they didn't get the "no weapons" memo and came with dogs and sticks.

Where's the fun in that

I take it there are some kind of agreed rules? It appears that as soon as they're on the floor & cover their head, that they're left alone?
I've noticed that as well in a lot of arranged scraps, I think the majority are "practice fights".

Personally when you have some fucker on the floor that's the best time to swing the boot into him.

It also covers a lot of the theories/cliches of fighting, fights don't last long, some people don't really get involved, you have a couple of really well functioning natural fighters, once punched in the head a lot of blokes lose the will to crack on. It's always the little sneaky ones sucker punching.
You do find the wankers shouting "stand" tend to be right at the back of the group.
The only people I know who dont want to continue after a single punch in the head tends to be one of the wankers at the back when they arent fast enough. Those doing the scrapping are high on adrenaline and ignore the initial pain.

Some basic tactics would probably be beneficial, obviously not students of ancient battles
Nah it's a good point, in almost every fight on there, the side that charges first wins, routing the enemy is a time honored tactics.

They all seem like good sports though, mostly anyway. If you go down and stay down you seem to get left along aside from a few digs and kicks.

When everyone is down and the winning side is clear then everyone stops. You can see in some fights that the ground is littered with people who have list they're little one on one and opt to stay down and give up, they are all looking around waiting for the all clear so an agreement on the sporting rules has obviously been reached prior to the engagement.

I saw a pub fight escalate into a full on section attack in Plymouth once, presumably booties vs the locals but it was stunning to watch, I was standing on the pavement with a bunch of cops watching it unfold and they were actually give it sensible sporting analysis to each other "look at them going off on the flanks, that not going to end well".

It amused me when the local provosts turned up and they all just stood with me and the cops waiting for it to peter out, which it did once the last of the local chavs had been finished off. Nobody even considered trying to stop it.

Ironically I'm hanging around at one of the UKs broadcasters with a kit bag of PPE on stand by. This is in case the Student's March gets hijacked by the usual idiots and biffing breaks out. I've attended at least one public (dis)order incident every year for the past 16 years and have made something of a study of the 'riot'.

I've noticed a marked decrease in the violence offered by the British Police to 'protesters'. Indeed they now attempt to avoid confrontation and even kettling is less common place.

As far as I can see this has meant losing ground to rioters and creating 'no-go' areas where mayhem ensues. Bear in mind that a student protest will probably include a few genuine academic loonies but on the whole the major agro is caused by the nihilists, anarchists and hobbyist rioters.

Parliament Square became a Police no-go area during the previous Student protests a couple of years ago. It was like Lord of the Flies on speed within, as the anarchists attacked students and robbed photographers and tried to rob camera crews.
It's rare that we get involved in fisticuffs at work and rarer still for this to happen where 'anything goes' and the fight can not get broken up by the Police or sensible others - but fight we did. It was quite invigorating.

Later at Whitehall the police completely lost ground, allowing the rioters to overrun 4 vehicles. There were kit bags all over the place with bits of police PPE strewn about. We (my back-watcher and I0 were able to secure an Asp that had been over looked by the scuts. This was to prove useful lter

This gives an idea of what happened prior to the Whitehall debacle:

I'm actually in the shots just before the Mounted Police got his leg broken when he was dragged off his horse. Some of the footage I actually shot.

Last edited:
Ironically I'm hanging around at one of the UKs broadcasters with a kit bag of PPE on stand by. This is in case the Student's March gets hijacked by the usual idiots and biffing breaks out. I've attended at least one public (dis)order incident every year for the past 16 years and have made something of a study of the 'riot'.

I've noticed a marked decrease in the violence offered by the British Police to 'protesters'. Indeed they now attempt to avoid confrontation and even kettling is less common place.

As far as I can see this has meant losing ground to rioters and creating 'no-go' areas where mayhem ensues. Bear in mind that a student protest will probably include a few genuine academic loonies but on the whole the major agro is caused by the nihilists, anarchists and hobbyist rioters.

Parliament Square became a Police no-go area during the previous Student protests a couple of years ago. It was like Lord of the Flies on speed within, as the anarchists attacked students and robbed photographers and tried to rob camera crews.
It's rare that we get involved in fisticuffs at work and rarer still for this to happen where 'anything goes' and the fight can not get broken up by the Police or sensible others - but fight we did. It was quite invigorating.

Later at Whitehall the police completely lost ground, allowing the rioters to overrun 4 vehicles. There were kit bags all over the place with bits of police PPE strewn about. We (my back-watcher and I0 were able to secure an Asp that had been over looked by the scuts. This was to prove useful lter

This gives an idea of what happened prior to the Whitehall debacle:

I'm actually in the shots just before the Mounted Police got his leg broken when he was dragged off his horse.
Thought you'd died in the Ukraine! Nice to have you back, BTW.

Spider will be along in a moment to tell us all how it's done properly.........

while sat in a bin bag.

Funny how, when caught, they are crying like babies "Ick hab nix getan" (I have done nothing). For this they should kiss the hard rubber again.