An Ungentlemanly Act

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Invictus_88, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else seen it? I came across two sections on YouTube, and will be getting the DVD properly soon - if it's available - and I'm very impressed by it.

Being a lowly tax-dodging student, I've not yet had the pleasure of being shot at by foreigners - though I fully intend to join the forces after my studies - I and wondered what serving and ex-serving people made of this film.

It seems pretty realistic, but I know bugger all, so am asking second opinions.

Clip1
    Clip2

2. I saw it when it came out. I particularly liked the old dear ambling up Port Stanley High Street with tea and biccies for the boys, with a firefight going on around her; and Bob Peck asking if anyone knew the Spanish for Big B*ll*cks after their translator legged it through a hail of bullets to reach Government House.

3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Is this the film where a marine shouts at a passing civvy to get his fecking head down, to which the response is "its ok for youse, youse dont have to go to work!"?

If it isnt, what is the film, i have been after it for ages...

4. The BBC showed it a couple of years back, well worth buying, look on Amazon, it was available a short while ago.

5. Yup, that's the one! You can see that part towards the end of the second clip actually.

6. The one where the Razz says to the the journalist "Sir , fcuk off"

:D

7. Oh yes remember this one. Was on Ex as a cadet on BTA when the rear of the house scene was shot.

8. I bought this on video a few years back, having seen it on TV. I haven't thrown it out, but it could be anywhere - I will have to go and have a ferret about at home. This could be just the excuse I have been looking for to buy the gizmo for converting VHS to DVD that my wife cannot see the need for...

It includes a line where the Argentinian SF are at the back of the Governor's House and have been fought back several times by the RM. The Argentinian commander shouts in, offering them the opportunity to surrender, to which the response is 'F*ck Off you Spic B*stard'. Not quite as good as 'Sorry, but we haven't got the facilities to take you all prisoner' from A Bridge Too Far, but still pretty good.

9. Remember being treated to this on video about ten years ago, great film and Bob Peck and Iain Richardson were class.

Sad for that reason too, as both are now gone.

10. i've destroyed the copy i taped off tv, had my bought video nicke dand now cannot find my DVD. Nevertheless, absolutely top!

11. I brought my copy on ebay for about £4 from ebay. Proberly the best military DVD out.

12. Just found it on Play.com for £4.49 delivered!

Easier than rooting through the attic and cheaper than buying a video to DVD conversion device, my order has been placed. Their marketing department won't be able to understand a sudden surge:

Play.com

13. Thanks for the link's :thumleft:

14. It arrived yesterday! I haven't had the time to watch the whole thing yet, but did skip straight to the attack on Government House - FANTASTIC... :applaud:

Oh and further to my last, the RSM's response to the surrender offer is "F@ck off you Spic bastards", followed by 2 rounds down-range (SLR, so proper rounds) - followed by the GPMG opening up!!!