Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

An old SAS (presumably) tv movie/film/something

Bloody hell. Once again Arrse amazes me - an obscure description of a half remembered sequence identifies a 30 year old programme!
The bit i remember was this, from the Zero Option which i think was the pilot for the series from the looks of things

Just realised, its that bloody SAS colonel again from Ultimate Force and Soldier Soldier.

Mile Anderson, he's spent more time in uniform than most of arrse.

Song for Guy. Defo.

Edited to add that I'm sorry I know that.
Too much listening to Popmaster.

That is it - thank you. It has been in my head for ages and, although I knew it was Elton John, I didn't know the song.

As someone said above, the collective wisdom of Arrse can be a wonderful thing. Thank you.

I've seen the film, or at least, one that has a very similar opening scene - its about all I remember from it, other than film being crap. iirc its called "The Zero Option". There is an imdb entry for that, with a vaguely similar outline. Don't remember anything about a jewellery heist though.

Least ways, I remember it being called "The Zero Option" - a few years ago I was wondering about the film, webnt looking, couldn;t find much out about it other than it had another title - much like Euan Lloyd's Who Dares Wins was titled "The Final Option" for it's US release.

The only other thing I recall from the film is that there was a pretty well known male actor. For some reason I thought it was Craig Fairbrass (London's Burning), but imdb show's it isn't, and the none of the actors credited ring a bell.

The film was utter tosh, so much so that even a bunch of us young, impressionable squaddies binned it; and we managed to watch all sorts of crud back then (MIA, MIA2, How Sleep The Brave, etc!)