Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An odd occurrence this week

domestic violence gas gone through the roof recently, what with all this lockdown bollocks.
as previously mentioned, it's SOP for medics to ask these questions to cover their arses.

Sent from my Nokia 1.3 using Tapatalk

oooh you guys are in the realms of safeguarding and sister works at a womens and childrens hospital. Safeguarding team has trebled in size over the last 10 years with the amount of mongery being bred. Some of the stories are beyond beleif. She had a stand up toe to toe with one of our BAME tribe because sis has to ask the mum to be by herself are you being abused. Mum in law wantyed in on the conversation and tried ot pull the race card - not atypical. Upside is she is in a forced marriage and will soon be in process of popping out her cousins (husband) baby. That will put a strain on NHS (if the kid makes it) so the kid can look forward to a life of being potentially phuysically and mentally disabled, just so the money stays in the family.
Lots of other fun stories but it does make you think how has society got this bad?
It is a murky world and, from my albeit inexperienced understanding- I sometimes wonder exactly what often is the primary safeguarding issue...the jobs of the people conducting the initial assessment or...the person they are with. Look on the average primary school / children's home staff list nowadays for example...there are some very imaginative job descriptions that (I assume) some teachers have to take an adqual to gain- @Ortholith ?? Correct me if Im wrong please.

I've seen "Senior first line safeguarding lead years 7-8" or something along that lines as one email suffix.

I had an "Incident" with SWMBO last year. Messing about and she threw a towel at me, I responded by flicking a flat cap at her like a Frisbee.

End result was a very very black eye.. She's a senior nurse, questions were asked when she went to work. Luckily her boss and her colleagues know both of us and know I wouldn't lay a finger on her.

Her boss even said that the flat cap story was so bloody ridiculous it had to be true. But still, there were questions asked of her about DV and if I had clocked her.
A few years back, ØA’s boss took her aside ‘for a little chat’; how is work? settling in ok?...how are things at home..?
ØA looks confused at the last one and after a bit of verbal fencing, he admits that he’s worried about the bruises on her arms...
At the time, we were training for assessment as Canoe Coaches and spent the weekends jumping in and out of boats and getting trashed in huge whitewater, so consequently bruised TF... fortunately he was a switched on bloke and much hilarity ensued.

domestic violence gas gone through the roof recently, what with all this lockdown bollocks.
as previously mentioned, it's SOP for medics to ask these questions to cover their arses.
And as also previously mentioned, it's not done as an arse covering exercise, but something done in earnest, as many of those posting here who have been on the receiving end have testified to, including the OP.

Look on the average primary school / children's home staff list nowadays for example...there are some very imaginative job descriptions that (I assume) some teachers have to take an adqual to gain- @Ortholith ?? Correct me if Im wrong please.

I've seen "Senior first line safeguarding lead years 7-8" or something along that lines as one email suffix.
I'm very much on the bottom rung of the ladder and have flagged around 1 kid a year on average. All I see of it is getting one of the safeguarding team asking exactly what happened, putting it all in writing and it's then out of my hands.

There does seem to be a hierarchy of training that goes teacher > safeguarding bod > DSL > police/social services but I don't know the details behind the qualifications needed.

Gents, this IS the NAAFI bar
Can this not be diverted into tales of beating women and slapping techniques.

Personally, during lock down i've been working on the forehand backhand combo on the wife and after coming on a year of being forced to be around each other I've become quite the SME.

If I'm honest, my missus is old school and appreciates a violent drunken bastard in the same mould as her father.

When I made it to my personal best of 14 slaps in December, once she got off the deck you could see the joy in her swollen eyes that her fella could still aspire and achieve.

Some of you wetpants make me sick with your bleating, start laying in to your other half and record your scores here.

I'm very much on the bottom rung of the ladder and have flagged around 1 kid a year on average.
Well that's half the problem. If you flogged a few more then perhaps their behaviour would improve. One a year is nothing like enough, we need a greater comm........

Eh?

Flagged?
Right, yes, flagged, Flagged, of course....

I'm very much on the bottom rung of the ladder and have flagged around 1 kid a year on average. All I see of it is getting one of the safeguarding team asking exactly what happened, putting it all in writing and it's then out of my hands.

There does seem to be a hierarchy of training that goes teacher > safeguarding bod > DSL > police/social services but I don't know the details behind the qualifications needed.
From my end of the spectrum it tended to be slightly more direct, being responsible for nursing patients who were either known to be at risk, or there was a suspicion of abuse.

Safeguarding is very admin heavy, comparative to what one normally would do for a patient.

Documenting injuries (from a neutral perspective), incident reporting online using the Datix system, which is really long-winded but comprehensive and cc's everybody who might need to know, then both emailing and phoning the appropriate social services, and if that wasn't enough completing the local forms to be added to the patient documentation (that I would judge to be the arse covering bit).

I don't know what the expectation is for teachers, but as @mush_dad has pointed out, pretty much all patient facing staff annually do level 1 safeguarding training and in the trust I work for all clinicians who are band 4 and above have to complete level 2.

I assume that's pretty much across the board within the NHS.

There is absolutely no way I would ever lay a finger on my beloved, beautiful wife.

After 27 years of marriage she has a weight advantage!

One thing I do know about ‘safeguarding’. It’s normally around 16:30 on Friday when further concerns are often raised.

Cromarty

Old-Salt
You arrested many women for DV?
My mate phoned the police a few times and no one turned up

Only one personally. It's rare but does happen. Most blokes are still too embarrassed to report it.

Don't know about where you live.

Going back many years my best mate had t6arrest my brother because his batshit crazy ex made all sorts of allegations about him. Evan though my mate knew it was all lies, the system said she had to be believed. Everything was proven false eventually but by then the damage was done. Things are marginally better these days.

sidsnot

Old-Salt
I use pay to get hit by women. Now I read some women actually hit men for free? Times they have a changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidsnot

Old-Salt
I use pay to get hit by women. Now I read some women actually hit men for free? Times they have a changed.

That should read “smacked with a cane or hand on my posterior by women”.

Latest Threads