An intrusion from an outsider, but a question!

If you'd read the story that you'd taken the photo from, you'd have seen this:

Earlier in the day, in what marks a historic change in the history of one of the Batteries from the Regiment - 4/73 (Sphinx) Battery, the traditional dark blue beret of the Royal Artillery was replaced with a khaki-coloured beret.

The change came about as a result of the Battery working closely, in times of war, with the Honourable Artillery Company who are part of the Household Division. The khaki beret is the colour beret that the Household Division wear and so to mark this close working relationship the beret has been changed.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...ersHonouredForServiceInIraqAndAfghanistan.htm

:roll:

Apologies, too much Guinness for dinner, I only saw the piccy!

Mong moment over!

Petriburg said:
But why is the RHA Bombardier wearing a lanyard? 'Twas never thus when I was in 3rd...
I am hoping that he has either forgot to fit his grenades or there is a lack of them in the store, I would be suprised if he is still wearing his cypher as he is a member of the Royal Regiment and would of been posted into the Regt and not attached like the rest of the non-gunners in the picture

If you're going to pick faults.....

Personal Appearance

c. Jewellery........On formal parades, watches and jewellery (except wedding rings) are not to be worn......

Of course, it would never happen on a Sapper parade.... ;)

Do Sappers have parades? I know they occasionally assemble on car parks and mill around but surely calling them "parades" is a bit OTT?

I'll get my cross belt and side hat...

wellyhead said:
Petriburg said:
But why is the RHA Bombardier wearing a lanyard? 'Twas never thus when I was in 3rd...
I am hoping that he has either forgot to fit his grenades or there is a lack of them in the store, I would be suprised if he is still wearing his cypher as he is a member of the Royal Regiment and would of been posted into the Regt and not attached like the rest of the non-gunners in the picture
Still wearing ball buttons too!

putteesinmyhands said:

Personal Appearance

c. Jewellery........On formal parades, watches and jewellery (except wedding rings) are not to be worn......

And there's at least one Sapper in that photo... para wings and loadsa medals - his grenades are smaller than the Gunners'

Petriburg said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Personal Appearance

And there's at least one Sapper in that photo... para wings and loadsa medals - his grenades are smaller than the Gunners'
and she's in it too

Petriburg said:
Isn't the most obvious difference the colour of the lanyard?

Well, isn't it?

Also Someone is wearing a help for heros band. Disgraceful. Stand by for lots of people quoting QR's and asking where it stops

putteesinmyhands said:
Petriburg said:
Isn't the most obvious difference the colour of the lanyard?

Well, isn't it?
Thats what I would of thought, stands out a mile wearing that fake cheap knock off of a real lanyard

and so it begins (crawls into the anderson shelter in the garden)

forniup said:
Also Someone is wearing a help for heros band. Disgraceful. Stand by for lots of people quoting QR's and asking where it stops
I am aware that the official line is that it is not to be worn on formal or ceremonial occasions. However during normal working days the HFH band can be worn but only on the wrist that you wear your watch.

Obviously that is before the individual regimental policy is applied so it may vary between regiments.