An example to us all!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by zero-over, May 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. Well done them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its not just the Men of Kent we can count on.

3. Say his name 3 times in the mirror..... and he will come.

4. But not to Kent, they've declared him vexatious and told him to bugger off.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Erm I don't know how to say this but they seem to be getting awards for doing their jobs.

Officers were also awarded for:

Negotiating with man holding a knife
    Rescuing a woman from the sea
    Treating a stab victim
    Providing medical response
    Chasing wanted men
    Preventing the loss of life

Am I being overly cynical?

• Like Like x 4
  6. HHH

HHH LE

Going by that list they didn't even catch the wanted men!

• Like Like x 1
  7. No no old chap, none of the above is in the standard politically plod remit nowadays.
    All they get taught in training is gender/transgender and ethnic sensitivity. They've gone well above and beyond by actually chasing baddies etc. its obvious really, if it were the norm why the awards???
    Kudos to em........

• Like Like x 3
  8. You know this is the internet equivalent of poking a wasps nest with a stick, don't you? Sure it's fun, sure you have the excitement of wondering what will happen next but you know - just know - that it's not going to be worth getting stung.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TBH I was thinking of typing that, but I went for the safer BB option. :)

10. They had to do all this in the shadow of bouncingbanana don't forget.

• Like Like x 1
  11. But remember they do all this while finding the time to operate a massive conspiracy involving illegal drilling, the TA, generators, the Baron Short of ARRSE, something in NI can't remember, Middle Easterners, etc (I think Belgium might feature somehow).

So hurrah and huzzah for the Kentish Plod and the Plod of Kent say I.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yes, normal police responses are:

Run away from a man with a knife and call for ARVs
    Leaving a woman to drown because you haven't been trained in sea rescue and issued water wings
    Not treating a stab victim in case he's got HIV
    Waiting for the ambulance
    Not chasing wanted men in case you fall over and bark your ankle
    Preventing loss of your own life
    Nicking someone for calling someone else a gay on the internet

• Like Like x 2
  13. I think you will find that their are a lot of medals and commendations given to soldiers for just doing their jobs, obviously VC, GC, MC etc not included. These folks probably got a bit of photocopied paper in a cheap frame saying well done. Not a Knighthood for being promoted to a rank with a huge pay rise, an OBE or MBE for a new idea or saving a bit of money.

The Police Officer who was judged to be the bravest in the country last year, after he was stabbed in the head and neck several times and then continued to chase and arrest an offender got a hand shake from the Home Secretary, hardly any great recognition.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1