An estimated 3000 Russian soldiers die every year. According to SKY report.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dyedinthewool_Fusle, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An estimated 3,000 Russian soldiers die every year despite the fact the country is not at war, campaigners say. Is this a job for the WRVS?

2. Sounds like their equivalent to our JCCC could do with a bit of briefing on compassion for families: "Your son was bored with his life, he's dead come and pick him up".

3. Sounds like a job for Mr Shiner. If only!

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You might want to read "One Soldier's War in Chechnya" by Arkady Babchenko.

It's a standard example of the miseries and misfortunes visited upon the average Russian conscript by his fellow soldiers. You couldn't have a worse time if you were sentenced to hard labour in a deep south US prison.

Edited to add: Shiner would last about a nano-second in Russia. He'd be killed to death by everyone he met and even a whole bunch of people who'd never even heard of him, the ****.

5. reading the comments some people seem to approve of beating conscripts to death to toughen them up...

6. pour encourager les autres?

7. trolling you think?

this guy got 4 'recommends'

this one 9

and this guy seems to be saying a few thousand british soldiers are killed every year aswell (got 5 'recommends')

the internet makes me delusional.

8. Violent bullying of new conscripts has been going on for years in the Soviet/Russian army - it was much reported on in the days of the cold war. IIRC the number of annual suicides was about the same even back then.

Rodney2q

9. Nothing new, Cold War days they used to put troops in defensive positions and hit them with chemicals or live fire. The reason being that a few casualties would serve to harden the others.
    It must be true because it was on some posters in the TA SAS in Leeds in 1978 which a mate and I 'relocated to our possesion' one night during a party.

10. Lots of nut cases out there! Thank Fork we don't have conscription or they'd be in here. One comments correctly that we had a dark period, IJLB Shamecliffe as dubbed by the Sun. I was there and there were some idiots who should never have been allowed near Juniors but it was never anything on the scale reported.

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mate off topic, but your in box is rammed and won't accept any new messages. I need a pair of size 13 issue combat boots.

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Soz mate, fookin email folders are half the size they used to be. Try now.