An English man in lockdown in France

clayp1g

War Hero
Did anyone catch the PMs address? I missed it.

Some truth in that. ;)
Jews in France.jpg

Apologies. I’ve just realised you probably meant the French PM.
Saw Boris on the telly; he needs a haircut as well as a comb now.

Did anyone catch the PMs address? I missed it.
Yeah, 13 more sleeps.
We are nearly up to 7 weeks of this he reminded us, and currently 23,293 dead.
There will be 700,000 virological tests per week and some people will have to wear masks compulsorily.
Anyone using or in any form of public transport including taxis.
At work compulsory for teachers, other school workers and college students.
Gradual reopening of kindergartens and schools from May 11, secondary schools and then secondary schools. The nurseries will also reopen from May 11 and classes will be limited to 11 maximum.
Shops will be able to reopen on May 11 with the exception of cafes and restaurants.
Working from home will be maintained for at least 3 weeks for companies that can.
Deconfinement may be postponed depending on the indicators.
After a first phase on May 11, a new phase of deconfinement should open on June 2 for three weeks, with new measures which depend on the level of the epidemic.
That will the restaurants, bistros and other places opening, so something to look forward to there.
Basically what he said last week but with more detail.
If the hospital numbers go up we can expect a new confinement until they reduce.
He has left a lot of detail though to be delegated to local departments, depending on their current circumstances.
Expect the teachers to get stroppy first of all though, as we know they will.
Poor sods having to go back up the sharp end of (around here) a three and a half day week at the local primary.
We also may be allowed to travel up to 100kms from our homes after May 11th but no mention at all on international travel.
Try here mate

Yeah, 13 more sleeps.
We are nearly up to 7 weeks of this he reminded us, and currently 23,293 dead.
There will be 700,000 virological tests per week and some people will have to wear masks compulsorily.
Anyone using or in any form of public transport including taxis.
At work compulsory for teachers, other school workers and college students.
Gradual reopening of kindergartens and schools from May 11, secondary schools and then secondary schools. The nurseries will also reopen from May 11 and classes will be limited to 11 maximum.
Shops will be able to reopen on May 11 with the exception of cafes and restaurants.
Working from home will be maintained for at least 3 weeks for companies that can.
Deconfinement may be postponed depending on the indicators.
After a first phase on May 11, a new phase of deconfinement should open on June 2 for three weeks, with new measures which depend on the level of the epidemic.
That will the restaurants, bistros and other places opening, so something to look forward to there.
Basically what he said last week but with more detail.
If the hospital numbers go up we can expect a new confinement until they reduce.
He has left a lot of detail though to be delegated to local departments, depending on their current circumstances.
Expect the teachers to get stroppy first of all though, as we know they will.
Poor sods having to go back up the sharp end of (around here) a three and a half day week at the local primary.
We also may be allowed to travel up to 100kms from our homes after May 11th but no mention at all on international travel.
Try here mate

All I can say is far too early.

All I can say is far too early.
Maybe, but he is walking a tightrope at present as all are who are making these decisions.
Wherever in the world that may be.
Risk assessment at the very highest level, perhaps gambling some lives over the health of the overall nation and economy.
I wouldn't like to be there spiritually at all.
His balance is:-

He argued that a “lengthy lockdown” would have “negative repercussions”, including “children not going to school”, a “lack of visits” between family and friends, and a “lack of investment”.
All this risked “the economy falling apart”, Philippe said.

For economy read French society as well, for outside of Paris and the cities family life is paramount.
But I think you know that already.

The economy needs a kick-start, the health professionals need some R+R , warehouses need re-stocking and then if it all goes tits up again we get another lockdown, without the bogroll apocalypse here because we all have bidets.

Who's laughing at having bidets now?

This is very early doors with a situation that nobody really has a handle on.

clayp1g

War Hero

clayp1g

War Hero
Here we go then a slow release out in to the wild world.

Our form to give us permission to get masks from the pharmacy in the village.

Attachments

Latest Threads